Ray Ray

Death Wish 2017

I liked the original as well, the sequels, not so much.  This looks promising though not surprisingly it seems they've upped the gun play/violence quite a bit based on the trailer.  Curious if they kept anything beyond just the basic premise of the original movie...

8 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Most remakes of older movies suck IMO.  Bronson's portrayal is a hard act to follow but I think Willis can pull it off.

If he used a Beretta 92FS, I would have had an accident in my pants.

Charles Bronson will always be the original, but at least it's getting made again. 

• Like 1

I read somewhere sequels are generally considered successful if they make 60% of the original.  There are good remakes out there.  Keep to the original story but put a slightly different spin on it.  I liked both versions of "True Grit" and "The Taking of Pelham 123".

Upping the violence is something you need in an "action/adventure" movie today.  If they didn't, no one would go see it.

Sam Peckinpah set a new high level of violence in "The Wild Bunch" in 1969.  That movie is pretty mild by today's standards.

I'm not against violence in movies.  I'd rather see it on the big screen or TV than in my neighborhood.  Some of it actually educates some people on how horrible it can be to be a victim.

35 minutes ago, BlueLineFish said:

Definite must see. Can't wait to see the antis flip out

They will probably start talking cap about due process.  This is the right political climate for a movie like this.  More so with a conservative playing the lead.

I get it's a remake.  But why, WHY do they have to try to make it funny!?  As I recall the original was very dark, gritty, hard and humorless.
Will prob still see it once it come out for rental.

I doubt it will be a Naked Gun... but some funny points do help broaden the audience.

The one thing I didn't like about the original Death Wish was the lack of emotion. If you can, go and watch the original trailer on YouTube. You find out your wife and daughter were attacked in a home invasion... and you greet the doctor at the hospital with a smile on your face? But that was 1970s acting.

I do like what I'm seeing in the new trailer. Trailers aren't the whole movie, just things to draw you in. If you look at the original, there was a lot of action scenes... but when your character has a six shot .32 revolver, it isn't going to be Last Man Standing.

I like that they kept the name (can see it on his coat when he talks to the kid), and even that finger shoot scene. Also glad they went from New York to Chicago... as it does point out the amount of crap going on out there. As long as the Glock magazines aren't endless, and that AR empties somewhat normally, I want to see the storyline. It looks similar, but MGM... PLEASE DON'T DO SEQUELS!

Off topic but my personal favorite Charles Bronson film is The Mechanic co staring Jan Michael Vincent I believe. I think they did a remake of that but I never watched it.

Bang you're dead.

That looks bad ass, and Bruce Willis will definitely make it awesome. Best of all the Left is already getting salty over it HAHAHA

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/08/03/sjws-melt-death-wish-trailer-alt-right-racist-nakedly-fascist/

• Like 2

On 8/4/2017 at 5:35 PM, brucin said:

Off topic but my personal favorite Charles Bronson film is The Mechanic co staring Jan Michael Vincent I believe. I think they did a remake of that but I never watched it.

Bang you're dead.

Remake was actually pretty decent.  It's worth watching.  Maybe check your local libraries?  Many libraries rent older movies for free or very inexpensively.

14 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

Remake was actually pretty decent.  It's worth watching.  Maybe check your local libraries?  Many libraries rent older movies for free or very inexpensively.

I didn't like it, Jason Stathom played the lead role.  Pass