Mrs. Peel

Another Successful SHOTGUN SHOOTOUT! Sunday, 9/17, Clinton WMA

3 minutes ago, JimB1 said:

Don't worry, I'll be missing at least as many as you. I've only had a couple of outings shooting clays with long periods of time between them so at least I'll be in good company :)

-Jim

Last time I shot clays was in 1988.  I guess we'll find out if it's like riding a bike.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, High Exposure said:

"I must not fear. 

Fear is the mind-killer. 

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. 

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Hitting the spice. ;)

He who controls the spice, controls the Universe.

Holy $hit.... I think HE is really Frank Hubert 

:p

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GRIZ said:

How about my beach umbrella?

Only if you don't mind sharing!

You've met me... you have witnessed my Morticia-like "whiter shade of pale", lol. I have 3 stages of sun exposure... stage 1, I wilt like a daisy (with a light dose of whining and related drama)... stage 2, I swell into a blowfish (loud, incessant wailing, much mo' drama)... and then there's the much-feared stage 3 (a fatal stage which I've not yet reached, obviously)...when I explode into smithereens like the proverbial vampire in the sun.  :vampire:So, it's either your umbrella... or... well, basically misery for all of us followed by my untimely death!

Seriously, if it really starts getting hot (and "hot" to me means anything over 72, lol)...I'll either take refuge in my air-conditioned car -or- exit stage left. I basically intend to be there at 9:00 sharp so I can take advantage of the cooler morning hours.

You know... I should point out that it's not exactly easy being high-maintenance like this! But someone has got to carry that torch for the rest of us. You're welcome!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Only if you don't mind sharing!

You've met me... you have witnessed my Morticia-like "whiter shade of pale", lol. I have 3 stages of sun exposure... stage 1, I wilt like a daisy (with a light dose of whining and related drama)... stage 2, I swell into a blowfish (loud, incessant wailing, much mo' drama)... and then there's the much-feared stage 3 (a fatal stage which I've not yet reached, obviously)...when I explode into smithereens like the proverbial vampire in the sun.  

How ironic. Zeke's threads and posts follow the same stages except in reverse. 

• Like 1

Mrs Peel, I have a fantastic sunblock for you. Pay no attention to the Sweet Baby Ray's lable. By the end of the day, you will be delic... You won't have to worry about sunburn. Just make sure you apply it often, about every 15 minutes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Mrs Peel, I have a fantastic sunblock for you. Pay no attention to the Sweet Baby Ray's lable. By the end of the day, you will be delic... You won't have to worry about sunburn. Just make sure you apply it often, about every 15 minutes.

Eegads! This crowd is starting to scare me...

28 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Sunblock means you won't have sunburn when you come down with heat exhaustion.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

At least you're trying - somewhat - to be helpful... not like that other guy... who wants apparently to grill me on a spit. Served with... fava beans and a nice glass of Chianti, I presume?

Tough, tough crowd at the Shotgun Shootout!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zeke said:

I'm off da hook!

Me too. 

9 hours ago, GRIZ said:

I'm bringing a few cases of water, SPF 70, my straw cowboy hat, and Olga the Russian lead spitter. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Zeke said:

@AVB-AMG we can hang all day. It's all good people. I got u

Zeke (& Mrs. Peel):

I was planning on showing my little roadster at a local car show this Sunday, but since I could not attend the last shoot out/get-together, I realize that I did say I would attend the next one....  and my credibility is at stake.

So I am bagging the car show and will join you all on Sunday.  I will have slathered on my 100 SPF sunscreen beforehand and I will bring 2 boxes of clays along with a case of cold bottle water for folks.  I will bring my Beretta 692 Sporting 12 gauge shotgun and a bunch of #8 shells.  

After a two month hiatus from shotguns, I was able to shoot 100 rounds this morning at Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays in Coplay, PA, enjoying this warm summer weather, so I should be ready.  Looking forward to meeting you all and aligning faces with NJGF screen names.  See you Sunday...

AVB-AMG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

Zeke (& Mrs. Peel):

I was planning on showing my little roadster at a local car show this Sunday, but since I could not attend the last shoot out/get-together, I realize that I did say I would attend the next one....  and my credibility is at stake.

So I am bagging the car show and will join you all on Sunday.  I will have slathered on my 100 SPF sunscreen beforehand and I will bring 2 boxes of clays along with a case of cold bottle water for folks.  I will bring my Beretta 692 Sporting 12 gauge shotgun and a bunch of #8 shells.  

After a two month hiatus from shotguns, I was able to shoot 100 rounds this morning at Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays in Coplay, PA, enjoying this warm summer weather, so I should be ready.  Looking forward to meeting you all and aligning faces with NJGF screen names.  See you Sunday...

AVB-AMG

I have those fancy electronic ear pro, I can jus turn them off... lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

Zeke (& Mrs. Peel):

AVB-AMG

You should still bring the car, best of both worlds. 

• Like 2