Mrs. Peel

Another Successful SHOTGUN SHOOTOUT! Sunday, 9/17, Clinton WMA

Hello all had a great time today. Nice to put a face to the screen name.

If anyone found a green Nalgene water bottle I left behind, if you would be so kind as to bring it to the next shootout?

Thanks

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brucin said:

If anyone found a green Nalgene water bottle I left behind, if you would be so kind as to bring it to the next shootout?

Thanks

Oh, I had a great time too! This was my first Shotgun Shootout - I was a little nervous beforehand but other than putting faces to names (which was definitely GREAT) - I also just really appreciated that people were so helpful, giving guidance, loaning their shotguns, explaining things, etc. I was so freakin' excited that I hit some clays! (I was so sure beforehand that I wouldn't!) So, a good crowd and a good time! Thanks to everyone for being so nice to this newbie! Hope to see you at subsequent Shootouts. 

• Like 5

It was great meeting everyone.  I just want to let you know, I've probably already forgotten your names....  I'm terrible remembering names.  A big thanks to those who brought the throwers and to those who threw the birds.

• Like 1

Thank y'all for a fantastic day! I really enjoyed meeting y'all and putting faces to names. It was a LOT of fun, and I'm looking forward to the next get together!

I get humbled when I get the privilege of participating in an event like this, and see everyone come together, share stories, help one another out, and pull together to clean up the mess afterwards. Truly inspiring, and it makes me proud to be associated with such high quality people like all of you. 

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing y'all again soon!!

• Like 4

Good time today. Got to meet some new people and as always good to see the regulars! Next up pumpkin shoot!!!!
For those that haven't been you are not going to want to miss the pumpkin shoot
I'll have to make sure we secure them since I'm not there anymore

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brucin said:

Thanks

I GOT YER WATER BOTTLE.  Found it on the ground next to the bench Peel had her delicious spread on.  Says it glows in the dark.  Thinkin'-bout puttin' some Scotch in it to make my Scotch glow in the dark, lol!

Rosey

I also thoroughly enjoyed today’s Shotgun Shootout in Clinton and am glad the sun stayed behind the clouds until we were finished.  I will echo other attendees who have already said it was good to finally meet and chat with most of you and to now be able to associate a screen name with the real person behind it.  Thanks to those who brought and those who operated the clay throwers, as well as Mrs. Peel for the finger food and the all-around camaraderie of our NJGF group.  I was impressed with the consistent accuracy demonstrated by quite a number of shooters, especially those who do not shoot shotguns on a regular basis.  I am so glad I was finally able to attend this shootout and am looking forward to the next gathering and the upcoming pumpkin shoot.

AVB-AMG

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Ok.  Wtf did I miss???

Peel had mini-wraps in a pinwheel sorta thing going on (I had one & it was TASTY!), and cookies & Dunkin Munchkins & a "box of Joe" & fixins.  People next to us in the red pick-up had a propane stove & made cheesesteaks!  Next time I'm bringing my little webber grill & doing hot dogs for everyone.  They can lock me up for cooking there, lol!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

I GOT YER WATER BOTTLE.  Found it on the ground next to the bench Peel had her delicious spread on.  Says it glows in the dark.  Thinkin'-bout puttin' some Scotch in it to make my Scotch glow in the dark, lol!

Rosey

It prefers an Islay single malt 16 years old at least. It's a high end bottle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

A lot of the ladies were asking where you got that shoulder pad..

PAST Field Shield.

Now apparently it's the Caldwell Field Shield.  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009TRNRK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Midway's listing still says PAST - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/680235/past-field-recoil-pad-shield-ambidextrous

It's great protection against recoil but I only really use it because I shoot the O/U a lot.  It adds a little to the length of pull too.

• Like 3

Just now, Mrs.Zeke said:

Great day, nice hanging with everyone. Thanks to everyone that brought snacks.  Thanks again to @RecessedFilter and @fishnut for the tips. And Thanks to @Displaced Texan for introducing me to my next gun :yahoo:

You're MORE than welcome!! Don't forget the matching Browning accessories!!! You HAVE to match!!!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Great day today.  Semi-successful first outing for the thrower.  I gotta check/fix the switch.  

Thanks for the birds & the camaraderie!  Your thrower did a great job!  A fix on the electro-switch / foot pedal is a LOT easier than diagnosing broken birds due to swing-arm difficulties :)   I didn't see a single broken bird fly off that swing-arm, and it cycles quite nicely too :) .  Good luck with the switch!

• Like 1

Maybe the spring is compressed on the thrower. Although there was play in it when it was stuck, it wasn't nearly as much as when it was working as intended. Thanks for bringing it out. Hopefully next time I can stay longer and infect more shooters with the Vepr virus. 

P.S. We need nametags, @Mrs. Peel. I assume that was you with your chair to the left of the table? 

P.P.S. I'm terrible with names. I was talking to someone about the VEPR and current import issues. Some places still have them in stock, and as of Sept 10th the import company, Fime Group, still has some with the 22.5" barrel. Bud's Gunshop has the 19" barrel version in stock as well. 

• Like 1

I only got to hang out for a couple of hours but it was still a lot of fun. I wish I could have stayed longer :(

I second the name tag idea. It's tough to match faces to real names then to forum handles. 

Hope I can make the pumpkin shoot. Maybe we can do a breakfast run to the Clinton Station Diner before hand if anyone is up for it... just a thought.

-Jim

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Maybe the spring is compressed on the thrower. Although there was play in it when it was stuck, it wasn't nearly as much as when it was working as intended. Thanks for bringing it out. 

I sent an email in to Champion last night and they already responded this AM.  I need to check the Limit Switch inside the body of the thrower itself.  Gonna adjust it and test when I have some free time.

12 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Maybe the spring is compressed on the thrower. Although there was play in it when it was stuck, it wasn't nearly as much as when it was working as intended. Thanks for bringing it out. Hopefully next time I can stay longer and infect more shooters with the Vepr virus. 

P.S. We need nametags, @Mrs. Peel. I assume that was you with your chair to the left of the table? 

P.P.S. I'm terrible with names. I was talking to someone about the VEPR and current import issues. Some places still have them in stock, and as of Sept 10th the import company, Fime Group, still has some with the 22.5" barrel. Bud's Gunshop has the 19" barrel version in stock as well. 

Sorry we didn't get introduced, Chris!

Though frankly, after the 5th intro, names were just a blur. I mean, it's impossible - with 2 names per person (real and screen name) and while wearing passive hearing pro? Fugeddaboutit! So even those I was introduced to, please forgive me if I give you a blank stare at the next event - I just can't remember all those names. I agree with you and the other posters who are recommending nametags. I'll bring a roll of tags and a magic market to the next shootout. It'll be optional, of course! (Some people hate nametags). But, I think it might help everyone get the names down more easily. :D

• Like 1

Pleasure meeting new faces & shooting with all of you!  Enjoyed mentoring & missing my share too!  It was so nice to not see anyone being swept, so congrats to all on the excellence in your safety protocols.

I've decided I'm doing hot dogs for the next Meet-Up (if that's OK with everyone here?).  The Coalition will be the sponsor so Peel won't have to go out of pocket (she needs to SAVE $$ FOR ALL THOSE GUNS SHE WANTS after-all, lol).  So long as we use trash bags & clean-up after ourselves it shouldn't be a problem.  The dumpster makes a BBQ a might easier to clean-up after :) .  I was the last in our party to leave yesterday and I must say we as a group really didn't leave a trace.  Peel, the left-over munchkins made a great dessert after some home-made Italian meatballs & gravy :) .

In case anyone wants any info on the Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners (a tax-exempt 501(c)3 Corp.), here's a link to the web site:   http://www.cnjfo.com .  Our Justifiable Need campaign has its' own web site, linked from the main site:   http://www.JustifiableNeed.com .  Fighting bad gun laws every day for all of US!  Hope to see you at NJSAFE this Saturday!

Rosey