Mrs. Peel

Another Successful SHOTGUN SHOOTOUT! Sunday, 9/17, Clinton WMA

1 minute ago, High Exposure said:

I was all geared up for a pistol shoot on Saturday the 16th.

I subsequently made plans for an out of town guest to crash at my place following his college reunion on Sat night until he has to leave for his flight on Monday morning. 

Yeah, yeah... one excuse followed rapidly by another. That's OK... the rest of us will talk smack about you!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Thats cool Peel. I can handle it. Smack it up! ;) 

I'm pretty bummed I can't make it but I'm stoked to see my friend - I haven't seen him in 5 years.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

I was all geared up for a pistol shoot on Saturday the 16th.

I subsequently made plans for an out of town guest to crash at my place following his college reunion on Sat night until he has to leave for his flight on Monday morning. 

Cough, herpes, cough,valtrex.

" Hey, nice chancre", cough

7 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

How many throws can you get off a fully charged battery?

Beats me.  Depends on the size of the battery.  I'm going to pick up a 75AH deep cycle from Batteries Plus.  According to some stuff I've seen this thing only draws like 9.5 amps at peak draw for 1/4 second, then 2 amps for the rest of the cycle, which is about 2 seconds.  Doing the math it comes out to.... a lot of throws.

Rounding up for 9.5amps for 1/8 of the time... 2.5 amps for 2 seconds..  figuring 75 Amp Hours.... *60 for minutes *60 for seconds, divided by 2 since each cycle is 2 seconds... divided by 2.5 amps for each cyle... = 54000 throws

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Beats me.  Depends on the size of the battery.  I'm going to pick up a 75AH deep cycle from Batteries Plus.  According to some stuff I've seen this thing only draws like 9.5 amps at peak draw for 1/4 second, then 2 amps for the rest of the cycle, which is about 2 seconds.  Doing the math it comes out to.... a lot of throws.

I have a 1000 Amp 18Ah jump box, I'll bring it with me as a backup, just in case.

3 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

A lot of throws? Good. I'm sure that I for one will have a lot of misses! :huh:

34 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Peel, be positive!

I bet every disc thrown for you will break.

Gravity can be a harsh mistress or a powerful ally. ;)

Yes, they'll break... when they hit the ground. LMAO!!!

I do kind of know where my strengths are... I don't think "moving targets" are really going to be my groove thing. But, I'm going to try to shift my attitude into at least "neutral". Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. And, if the worst case scenario happens... and I really DO suck... think of the money I'll save by NOT buying a shotgun! Woo-hoo!

5 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yes, they'll break... when they hit the ground. LMAO!!!

I do kind of know where my strengths are... I don't think "moving targets" are really going to be my groove thing. But, I'm going to try to shift my attitude into at least "neutral". Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. And, if the worst case scenario happens... and I really DO suck... think of the money I'll save by NOT buying a shotgun! Woo-hoo!

Don't set your self up for failure. Winners have positive attitudes not neutral ones. Shooting clays is easy once you start hitting and develop a little muscle memory. Just keep at it and we will give you some pointers and you will hit a flying clay this Sunday. 

Also allot of the time the clays don't break when they hit the ground so at some point we will probably call a cold range and pick them up and throw them again so don't worry about missing clays and wasting them. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Rounding up for 9.5amps for 1/8 of the time... 2.5 amps for 2 seconds..  figuring 75 Amp Hours.... *60 for minutes *60 for seconds, divided by 2 since each cycle is 2 seconds... divided by 2.5 amps for each cyle... = 54000 throws

If you have any Batteries Plus problems call me.

6 hours ago, fishnut said:

Don't set your self up for failure. Winners have positive attitudes not neutral ones. Shooting clays is easy once you start hitting and develop a little muscle memory. Just keep at it and we will give you some pointers and you will hit a flying clay this Sunday. 

Also allot of the time the clays don't break when they hit the ground so at some point we will probably call a cold range and pick them up and throw them again so don't worry about missing clays and wasting them. 

I have a feeling the sky will be orange peel  color clouds for her....

Seek him out @Mrs. Peel. He's all ready agreed to help @Mrs.Zeke. And harass me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I have a feeling the sky will be orange peel  color clouds for her....

Seek him out @Mrs. Peel. He's all ready agreed to help @Mrs.Zeke. And harass me.

I'll do what I can to help but @RecessedFilter is a much better instructor and shot than me. 

I'm calling you out drez!!!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

A lot of throws? Good. I'm sure that I for one will have a lot of misses! :huh:

Don't worry, I'll be missing at least as many as you. I've only had a couple of outings shooting clays with long periods of time between them so at least I'll be in good company :)

-Jim

• Like 2