Mrs. Peel

Another Successful SHOTGUN SHOOTOUT! Sunday, 9/17, Clinton WMA

20 hours ago, fishnut said:

Regular......no

but he's a decent shot 

I'll be there 

Thanks for the compliment, I guess.

I used to be a regular for many of these events, but no longer.

Whether you can have the shootout at the same time as the Hunter's Ed course depends on the instructors giving the course.  Some don't care, some do.  Class size is capped at 80 so that's a consideration if it is full.

7 minutes ago, T Bill said:

Whether you can have the shootout at the same time as the Hunter's Ed course depends on the instructors giving the course.  Some don't care, some do.  Class size is capped at 80 so that's a consideration if it is full.

Already decided to push it a week... to the 17th. Just sounds more fun and relaxing if the place isn't crowded. Thank you AGAIN for noticing that and bringing it to our attention! Are you coming btw? Would love to meet you! :D

• Like 1

I am going to try to make this so tentatively yes. I should know for sure a couple of weeks before it.

I don't have a hunting license but I can bring a couple of boxes of clays and extra shells. Also probably a case of water and maybe some snacks...

I only have my Stoeger M2000 so I'll be bringing that. Might ask around at my club and see if anyone's else wants to go... 

-Jim

If there's a class that day at Clinton, why not go to Black River instead? Unless of course they're having a class at BR that day as well... Black River opens back up for weekends after Labor day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, DeerSlayer said:

If there's a class that day at Clinton, why not go to Black River instead? Unless of course they're having a class at BR that day as well... Black River opens back up for weekends after Labor day.

Over my head! What's Black River? LOL. Is that another WMA?

Frankly, since we already changed the date once, let's just hold the 17th and not confuse everyone with too much flip-flopping... I very much hope you can make the one after that whenever it's scheduled. And good luck with your hunting on the 17th!  (though, I confess, my heart aches for Bambi) :D 

Over my head! What's Black River? LOL. Is that another WMA?

Frankly, since we already changed the date once, let's just hold the 17th and not confuse everyone with too much flip-flopping... I very much hope you can make the one after that whenever it's scheduled. And good luck with your hunting on the 17th!  (though, I confess, my heart aches for Bambi) [emoji3] 

Yes Black River WMA. In Chester Twp. They have a clay range as well. Similar to Clinton. Maybe 2 less shooting stations. My stomach growls for bambi. Lol. Thanks for the well wishes. I could shoot in the morning and hunt the afternoon if we did Black river, since it's around the block from my hunting spot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

What's the deal with having a hunting license to use ranges at WMA? Everyone need a hunting license or just soneone?

There's a lot of people without hunting licenses.  Me included.

One member of the group must be licensed in the discipline you are shooting. Hence, someone has to have a shotgun hunting license.  That person is responsible for the group's conduct.  If your on the muzzleloader range a rifle permit is required.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GRIZ said:

What's the deal with having a hunting license to use ranges at WMA? Everyone need a hunting license or just soneone?

There's a lot of people without hunting licenses.  Me included.

No worries! Apparently the WMA require ONE person with a shooting group to be a licensed NJ hunter. We will have at least one, perhaps more.

It makes sense if you think about - the WMA were put in specifically for hunters - I think the cost of hunting licenses even helps fund them. Otherwise, all the unlicensed target shooters would take over the WMAs! In fact, if I ever got a light rifle, I would actually get a hunting license - not to hunt - but just to have open access to the Clinton WMA - it's so close to my house - and it would be a really inexpensive option for an outdoor range!

Yeah - only need 1 licensed hunter in the group.  If I can make it, I'm going to try to break in the new thrower... 

Clinton WMA is decent for plinking at the .22LR/Rimfire rifle range.  Note - you can shoot slugs (shotgun) and muzzleloader as well.

It's worth it for the clays alone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Yeah - only need 1 licensed hunter in the group.  If I can make it, I'm going to try to break in the new thrower... 

Clinton WMA is decent for plinking at the .22LR/Rimfire rifle range.  Note - you can shoot slugs (shotgun) and muzzleloader as well.

It's worth it for the clays alone.

What ya get?

23 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Wobbler is as much as the thrower.... $225 for the thrower.. Oscillator is already $220 (don't have that).  Wobbler is $240.  I'm fine with just the regular trap..... for now.

Go big or go home bro 

• Like 2

I will try to be there, pending outcome of several things going on with my life this month, including my son & dil putting a bid in on a house in Free America (they already live & work in PA).

• Like 1