Howard

Yet another stupid New Jermany law enacted

Dog house not needed. Access to garage or shed is all that is needed. 
That works too. For myself it wouldn't because shed is full and I wouldn't want to leave garage open due to concealed access to a door to the house. Plus it is also pretty full as well. With that being said there are multiple options that are better than chaining a dog to a tree.

Anyone who thinks it is fine and the dog likes it chain yourself to a tree for 8 hours and tell me how it feels.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, fishnut said:

4:22-26 is not relevant  in the situation I described sorry try again. 

I don't have a fence and I've never chained my dogs yet they don't leave the yard because I TRAINED them. It's really pretty easy. 

Peterf- did you even read the law your so against? The definition for heavy chain is in there. You are so ridiculous with your arguments and you're not even worth my time have a good day I'm done with you

Yeah because it explicity does apply.  But you say so therefore it dosnt.  Spoken like the arrogant prick you are.

Oh so you trained your dogs,  is that it?  Dogs will never be dogs and do something they shouldn't?   So when they dart into traffic, your training means what?

Do you have even the slighest clue.  How about a heavy rope, or a heavy wire rope, or a husky with a haircut.  They are all covered also right?  So all 20 or so million combinarions of situations must be spelled out because the generic "owner fails to provide the care" which is already law., in your opinion is not enough.

Why not do a little research on unintended consequences of laws.  

Have a nice life.

22 minutes ago, mossburger said:

I disagree. Laws punish offenders, and threat of punishment is indeed a very real and effective way of modifying behavior.

Precisely!  It's the very motivation for "obedience..."   FEAR!   You obey *laws,* authorities, etc. because you fear the consequences if you didn't. If you didn't fear the consequences, why would you bother to comply with the law/authority if you didn't want to? 

Then why do people break the law? Because they dont care about the consequences. 

Some people might choose to obey the law but the law is not preventing them from breaking it. 

I'm at Newark Airport right now. I did 80 miles an hour while driving here even though I knew it was against the law and am very familiar with the consequences of speeding. The law did not prevent me from speeding

50 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Then why do people break the law? Because they dont care about the consequences. 

Some people might choose to obey the law but the law is not preventing them from breaking it. 

I'm at Newark Airport right now. I did 80 miles an hour while driving here even though I knew it was against the law and am very familiar with the consequences of speeding. The law did not prevent me from speeding

Why do people break the law? Because addiction, mental illness, or just plain anger and shitty character can often outweigh logic. Someone may know murder is wrong, but have second thoughts when they see their wife in bed with another man. No desire to steal, but they'd rob their own grandmother blind if they needed that dope fix.

Sure you may go 80 MPH on the highway because the financial penalty of a speeding ticket probably won't ruin your life. But follow your own logic for a second. Why don't you go pick up some 30rd mags in PA? Why don't you cut the pin holding that AR-15 stock in place? Yeah, exactly. Time in the penitentiary is a whole lot different than a little ticket.

44 minutes ago, mossburger said:

Why do people break the law? Because addiction, mental illness, or just plain anger and shitty character can often outweigh logic. Someone may know murder is wrong, but have second thoughts when they see their wife in bed with another man. No desire to steal, but they'd rob their own grandmother blind if they needed that dope fix.

Sure you may go 80 MPH on the highway because the financial penalty of a speeding ticket probably won't ruin your life. But follow your own logic for a second. Why don't you go pick up some 30rd mags in PA? Why don't you cut the pin holding that AR-15 stock in place? Yeah, exactly. Time in the penitentiary is a whole lot different than a little ticket.

Ummm you should come shooting with me sometime

26 minutes ago, Purple Patrick said:

Is this a come out and see whose is bigger kind of thing?

Because dirtydigz has us beat

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lol I'm way down low on that totem pole and won't be climbing up anytime soon.

I think you and dirtydigz both know what I mean though.........

6 hours ago, mossburger said:

I'm not sure I follow you? So you have a friend out of state, or one of those lockers, big whoop am I supposed to be impressed? 

Neither of that has to do with my point, or the discussion at hand, and I'm not about to start measuring dinkies if that's what you're looking for. 

It trying to impress or lead you. Your pretty new here, I figured you might want to shoot some guns and meet some forum members but if thats not your thing that's cool. No harm no foul. 

Why does NJ just not offer a permit for a dog, promise to have the permit back within 30 days. Then when they purchase a new dog have them take a background check to make sure they never have had any issues with caring for dogs.  On top of that they can put restrictions on how big the dog can be.. Make the owners remove the K9 teeth since they can be deadly.

I say we ban all assault dogs.

36 minutes ago, remixer said:

Why does NJ just not offer a permit for a dog, promise to have the permit back within 30 days. Then when they purchase a new dog have them take a background check to make sure they never have had any issues with caring for dogs.  On top of that they can put restrictions on how big the dog can be.. Make the owners remove the K9 teeth since they can be deadly.

Sadly some towns do have breed restrictions 

The law will not deter the scumbags it is meant to punish. I still haven't read the statue, but I hope the having a dog house and not on a chain is good enough to leave the dog unattended outside. If not the law needs to be fixed quick.

Try leaving a Weimaraner inside all day while at work. I know two brain surgeons who did just that. Dog ran through the sliding glass door. Unfortunately those two reproduced. Luckily it was just once.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, remixer said:

Black Dogs Lives Matter!