Sign in to follow this  
charleslee

Aerosol Cans

Anyone else ever have problems w/ aerosol gun oil/clp cans stop spraying? I usually use RemOil & sometimes BreakFree. I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong but lots of times I can't get them to spray anymore. They w/ still have plenty of oil inside but it w/ not come out. Just wasting $. Would like to at least be able to extract the remaining oil somehow but don't know how. Thank you. 

Just stop buying aerosol cans and get it in a pump sprayer instead, problem solved. As for getting it out punch a hole in the side of the can and dump it out. It's not going to blow up.........but you might want to wear eye pro just in case. 

Aerosol cans usual hold their seal with something plasticy or rubbers, which oil and solvents tend to be unkind to and make cracked or brittle. Holding a gas seal is a lot harder than keeping a pump sprayer working. 

The only aerosol lubes I have found to last for really long are things like Remington dry lube. the carrier evaporates rapidly, and hte lube isn't hostile towards plastics. I just buy pumps or squeeze bottles.