amanando7510

Wanted to know what you guys know about carrying in NJ.

Once you cross the Delaware, your PA LCTF is invalid.  

If you're transporting unloaded through NJ you're covered under FOPA.

If you're going to a NJ gun range, you can go (with NJ legal firearms) and reasonable deviations (food/gas/bathroom/etc)

Otherwise, nope.

Once you cross the Delaware, your PA LCTF is invalid.  
If you're transporting unloaded through NJ you're covered under FOPA.
If you're going to a NJ gun range, you can go (with NJ legal firearms) and reasonable deviations (food/gas/bathroom/etc)
Otherwise, nope.
So then ATF was wrong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, amanando7510 said:

Okay I read that before I also read about a PA C/O who was carrying and got charged then his charges were dropped do to leosa

The PA corrections officer who got the charges dropped had nothing to do with LEOSA.  The PA corrections officer was not qualified to carry under LEOSA.  Your PA carry permit is worthless in NJ and has nothing to do with LEOSA.

NJ corrections officers are covered under LEOSA. 

Where do you work and what do you do?

Do you qualify under LEOSA?  Do you carry at work?  Do you have police powers Can you carry off duty by statute or do you need a carry permit? Can you make arrests?  These are some of the qualifiers. 

NJ says if you're carrying under LEOSA you can't carry hollowpoints.  Total contradiction  of the federal law which says you can.  Guess who wins?

Answer my questions and I might be able to help you.

• Like 2

The PA corrections officer who got the charges dropped had nothing to do with LEOSA.  The PA corrections officer was not qualified to carry under LEOSA.  Your PA carry permit is worthless in NJ and has nothing to do with LEOSA.
NJ corrections officers are covered under LEOSA. 
Where do you work and what do you do?
Do you qualify under LEOSA?  Do you carry at work?  Do you have police powers Can you carry off duty by statute or do you need a carry permit? Can you make arrests?  These are some of the qualifiers. 
NJ says if you're carrying under LEOSA you can't carry hollowpoints.  Total contradiction  of the federal law which says you can.  Guess who wins?
Answer my questions and I might be able to help you.
We carry when we do perimeter check or transports ECT. Inside no one is allowed to carry. I've carried off duty since before I got my ltcf never had an issue

52 minutes ago, amanando7510 said:

We carry when we do perimeter check or transports ECT. Inside no one is allowed to carry. I've carried off duty since before I got my ltcf never had an issue

Your LTCF has nothing to do with LEOSA.  If you don't have authority to make arrests you can't carry under LEOSA.  That's a simplification. 

You need to Google and read LEOSA to see if you qualify.  From what you told me you don't .  The places you called and said you could carry were probably thinking you had the same authority as NJ and NY corrections officers.

Your LTCF has nothing to do with LEOSA.  If you don't have authority to make arrests you can't carry under LEOSA.  That's a simplification. 
You need to Google and read LEOSA to see if you qualify.  From what you told me you don't .  The places you called and said you could carry were probably thinking you had the same authority as NJ and NY corrections officers.
Ok thank you for the clarification

Oh boy.

Amando, you need to talk to someone in the know in your chain of command and possibly an attorney your agency uses.

Don't make decisions that can affect your career and freedom based on info you receive online or from agencies outside your state that don't know you or your job.

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Oh boy.

Amando, you need to talk to someone in the know in your chain of command and possibly an attorney your agency uses.

Don't make decisions that can affect your career and freedom based on info you receive online or from agencies outside your state that don't know you or your job.

^^^^^^

• Like 1