owg666

Touchy AR.

Yeah I reload myself. My first venture into .223. Brass is PMC. All my experience is with milsurps. 6.5mm up to 8mm. Swiss, Swede, Yugo, Spanish etc. I ordered a slotted case gauge from Sheridan Engineering to ensure my reloads are in spec. Semi-autos much less forgiving than bolt rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Semi auto are not less forgiving, if the chamber specs are correct it should make zero difference unless the OAL is different. Most bolt actions for precision actually have tighter tolerances making them less forgiving. 

I'm curious why your not measuring your cases after resizing? That's standard with rifle loads, especially cases with a neck. Your reloads should be with a few hundredths of a inch, not a few tenths. 

Very important, with such a variance you could get an out of battery discharge, or see serious pressure spikes if the round is forced passed the chamber lip. Unfortunately, mistakes when reloading can have disastrous effects. 

U got the right idea tho, check every round with a no go gauge. 

• Like 2

Final update:
Using meticulous QC, I reloaded more .223 using the gauge mentioned. Worked wonders. Lesson learned. Zero cycling or ejection issues. Accuracy was good at 100 yds. for an old shaky guy. Thanks for the input guys.

3ff22431b5e052223ffbdd3cb10334a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk