YankeeSC

Compliant complete uppers?

https://shop.windhamweaponry.com/collections/450-bushmaster-upper-receivers-parts

https://shop.windhamweaponry.com/collections/upper-receiver-assemblies/products/ur16m4lhpbb

People will tell you they're expensive.  And they might be, but they are quality. The second link is strictly NJ compliant uppers. 

Does anyone even sell NJ compliant complete uppers?  Can I get one with a non-compliant muzzle device and just throw a thread protector on there (until I either move or get something pinned)?
If you buy an upper that has a 14.5" barrel pinned to 16" that uses a muzzle break and not a flash hider, that's NJ legal.

Otherwise, you can still buy any upper and have a gunsmith install the muzzle brake onto it before you put it on a lower.

To answer your other question, you can't just put a thread protector on an upper unless you can put it on a lower that has a fixed stock and somehow does not have a pistol grip.

With that being said, if you had a thumbhole stock, like the Hera CQR stock, you don't even need to affix the muzzle brake permanently.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, PK90 said:

$290 shipped directly to you for a complete Anderson M4 Optics Ready NJ compliant upper. Call Monday afternoon if interested.
http://www.colddeadhands.com

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

What are the specs?  I am looking for a low profile gas block and mlok/free float hand guard.

Great options already posted, and here is another if you're interested. If you are considering a 14.5" barrel (carbine or mid-length gas systems), consider BCM. They have options on all of their 14.5" uppers where they will pin a muzzle device to make the upper a non-NFA item (if you were to put it on a lower). You would have to do your own research into the muzzle devices, but plenty of their options have been considered good to go for NJ. Pro-tip: Of the two gas-lengths, there are more options with the mid-length 14.5" uppers.

I would also recommend choosing an upper without a front sight post/block since those have the bayonet lugs on them. You can forget that previous sentence if you have someone in mind that can shave the lug off for you of course. I personally have an NJ-compliant upper that I ordered directly off their site without any modifications needed.

To boot, BCM is a reputable manufacturer.

• Like 2

So after my original post I realized that it's not just a "flash hider" that is illegal but also the threaded barrel, which is why I can't just screw on a thread protector.  I ended up finding a really good deal on a complete upper that had the features I want and also ordered a brake.  When they come in next week I will be taking them to a local gunsmith for the appropriate permanent attachment.

So after my original post I realized that it's not just a "flash hider" that is illegal but also the threaded barrel, which is why I can't just screw on a thread protector.  I ended up finding a really good deal on a complete upper that had the features I want and also ordered a brake.  When they come in next week I will be taking them to a local gunsmith for the appropriate permanent attachment.
That's usually how you do it. That's what I did for my first time. Now I do it myself [emoji14]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

On 8/13/2017 at 7:54 PM, PK90 said:

$290 shipped directly to you for a complete Anderson M4 Optics Ready NJ compliant upper. Call Monday afternoon if interested.
http://www.colddeadhands.com

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

This is from August. Priced the same? BCG and Charging handle included?