Gunnz

Shipping Firearm...

Hey all-

went out to sigs website to see what they had about the "voluntary" upgrade. (Not sure I am going to do it)

it says they will send you a shipping label (I believe they use FedEx)

what would be the correct and legal way for me to ship a pistol back to a manufacturer with a prepaid shipping label?

can I call for home pick up? Drop off at any fed ex location? What's the deal?

(I'm located in the old bridge/matawan area)

thanks.

I had a friend ship a firearm back to Sig once (fed ex sent a prepaid shipping label) and he just took it to a Fex Ex Office store, the one on route 18.

it didn't sound right to me, but they sent it, and returned it right to his door 

4 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

I've always dropped them off at a hub since I retired. When I was working I always had a pickup.  I'd call FedEx to see of they'd do a hone pickup.

Which hub? Are they multiple hubs in NJ?

2 minutes ago, Gunnz said:

I had a friend ship a firearm back to Sig once (fed ex sent a prepaid shipping label) and he just took it to a Fex Ex Office store, the one on route 18.

it didn't sound right to me, but they sent it, and returned it right to his door 

Go to FedEx's site and look for locations that can ship dangerous goods.  Near me I know of Mt Olive and East Hanover.  

Just remember since you're not a FFL, it has to go overnight mail - but it seems Sig is picking up the cost.

I'd go to a FedEx Ship Center... not a Office Store or Kinkos. A place that FedEx trucks are loaded/unloaded prior to delivery or sending packages out on carriers. While it may work out, privately own places tend to be where issues occur (UPS Store, for example).

UPS, you must go through one of their hubs.

2 hours ago, Gunnz said:

I've used the one at Newark Airport and Lakewood.

8 hours ago, Gunnz said:

I've had them returned to my home when someone was there (required adult signature).  If not home they left a card to call to arrange delivery or pick it up at hub.

3 hours ago, remixer said:

Firearms "should" be sent from a Hub or an FFL dealers daily pickups.

Steve would you accept packages to be sent to SIG? Example If I have it all boxed up and ready to go can I drop it off at your place for a pickup.

12 hours ago, GRIZ said:

I've always dropped them off at a hub since I retired. When I was working I always had a pickup.  I'd call FedEx to see of they'd do a hone pickup.

Fedex picked up a rifle I had to send out. Dunno if a pistol would be the same. Would be nice to know for sure.

9 minutes ago, Tony13 said:

Steve would you accept packages to be sent to SIG? Example If I have it all boxed up and ready to go can I drop it off at your place for a pickup.

I would... I have in the past. 

3 minutes ago, bhunted said:

That's good to know. The manufacturer actually had it picked up. So cool. :rolleyes::)

Usually if they deal with the shipping it makes life easy :)

Ok i'm going to have to add a bit of mush to this.

if you are shipping out a pistol in NJ and driving it to a Fedex / UPS location boxed up.. is this deviation?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, remixer said:

I would... I have in the past. 

Usually if they deal with the shipping it makes life easy :)

Ok i'm going to have to add a bit of mush to this.

if you are shipping out a pistol in NJ and driving it to a Fedex / UPS location boxed up.. is this deviation?

Nice steve.  If I end up doing the recall upgrade, I'll just drop it off with you.

driving 10 minutes is better than driving 35.

3 minutes ago, remixer said:

XL Milk and Sugar ;)

Last time I offered to bring you coffee you made fun of my Starbucks!

guess I will slum it up and get some Wawa coffee on the way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gunnz said:

Last time I offered to bring you coffee you made fun of my Starbucks!

guess I will slum it up and get some Wawa coffee on the way.

Yes i wanted coffee. Not a cup of a Liberalism topped with whipped mental disorder. :) 

• Like 1

Not sure why this is funny.   The vast majority of Fedex / UPS locations in NJ wont accept firearms shipments.

In fact iv had issues on occasion trying to pickup firearms from a missed delivery.

It is funny because I have never paid for a FedEx or UPS Daily Pickup account, and have shipped firearms for 16 years. They do now charge a pickup fee but there are ways around that. [emoji3]

It is best to keep your mouth shut, or even lie about what you are shipping. You break no laws, only their policy. I know, I know, "but what if my package is lost or damaged? They won't pay." I have never filed a claim in my shipping career. Never had a need to. I also self-insure. No need to pay extra for every shipment made.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I dont pay for pickups at all.  They deliver daily and will take whatever packages i have to go out... this is how you do it for free :)

3 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Find a coffee truck. Best coffee comes from the streets. ;)

Mmmm street coffee LOL

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, remixer said:

Yes i wanted coffee. Not a cup of a Liberalism topped with whipped mental disorder. :) 

Anything wrong with Dunkin Donuts?

• Like 1