Gunnz

Shipping Firearm...

2 hours ago, remixer said:

I would... I have in the past. 

Usually if they deal with the shipping it makes life easy :)

Ok i'm going to have to add a bit of mush to this.

if you are shipping out a pistol in NJ and driving it to a Fedex / UPS location boxed up.. is this deviation?

I'll throw in more.    If your spouse signs for it when it's delivered to your house because you're not home is that an illegal transfer?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, remixer said:

I dont pay for pickups at all.  They deliver daily and will take whatever packages i have to go out... this is how you do it for free :)

Mmmm street coffee LOL

Exactly why it is funny. You post the rules, don't have a daily pickup account, and ship out all the time. 

We all do. :mutley:

10 minutes ago, jackandjill said:

Short answer to this question and one about driving to Fedex/UPS... 

There are many here who think you  can't do either.  That's probably due to all the arrests you see for these issues. 

Not sure why this is funny.   The vast majority of Fedex / UPS locations in NJ wont accept firearms shipments.

In fact iv had issues on occasion trying to pickup firearms from a missed delivery.

That's why I like living in Howell... Lakewood has FedEx and UPS hubs a few minutes from my house. I usually just have packages (not just firearms) held there for pickup. The one that I hate dealing with is USPS. Had a M1903 turned into USMC sniper reproduction, and the mail woman left it out on a rainy day (about $3,000 worth of firearm). Luckily, someone got home early and pulled it out of the box... foam didn't get wet, so all was good. I didn't have any problems from USPS with my Garand from Shuff's, but leaving a firearm out, with adult signature required, I was pissed.

Mentioning Dunkin Donuts, it is ok... except the one easier to get to by my house (on Southbound side of Route 9 in Howell... not the one by Home Depot, further South).

Went to the window, ordered a frozen hot chocolate... met with a regular hot chocolate. Being 80 outside, sent it back and received a frozen drink... found out to be coffee as I left the parking lot. Being a diabetic, I can't really skip something when I already put it into the pump... so went around the block and went in. Tried to be nice, as s*** happens, but when I told them what happened, I walked out with another frozen coffee (had coffee taste, but figured it was from the other drink). Girlfriend confirmed it, went back in, another drink... and the girl told the one making it to "put in shots of mocha." By the time I walk out, was fuming... since I just wanted a simple drink that is normally on the menu.

Sent an email to DD, saying that was very unhappy with them. They had the manager call me, who said she was sorry... but actually never apologized for it. I got that because school is starting up, she had to hire new employees. Ok, but how exactly do they mess up an order three times? Nor that nobody was there to give an answer why it was coming back as coffee (figured they had things mislabeled). Was a phone call that I actually will never go back due to. There is one on the North side of Route 9, but a pain to get to. That's my new one.

9 hours ago, tattooo said:

The lady at fedex when I dropped off my ruger to send back didn't blink an eye or care less when I said it was a firearm. Guess it depends on who you get.

I'v had similar issues with FEDEX, Iv picked up firearms with no issue. Then was told i cant... I called Fedex customer support right in front of her and was told yes you can pick it up..   She still refused even after i presented my FFL and ID.

I'v had similar issues with FEDEX, Iv picked up firearms with no issue. Then was told i cant... I called Fedex customer support right in front of her and was told yes you can pick it up..   She still refused even after i presented my FFL and ID.

Some people are just super hard headed Steve

1 hour ago, tattooo said:
3 hours ago, remixer said:

Some people are just super hard headed Steve

No shit... meanwhile once FEDEX let a customer pickup his own package without me even knowing. Guy shows up with the fedex box telling me its his firearm and he picked it up... I lost my shit on him LOL

No shit... meanwhile once FEDEX let a customer pickup his own package without me even knowing. Guy shows up with the fedex box telling me its his firearm and he picked it up... I lost my shit on him LOL

Not only is that dumb and dangerous, it is most certianly illegal.

3 minutes ago, tattooo said:
31 minutes ago, remixer said:

Not only is that dumb and dangerous, it is most certianly illegal.

Yes.. i explained that to him using my outside voice :)

11 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Perhaps your anger should be directed toward the carrier. What ID did the customer show FedEx? Just a driver's license? I am sure his address was not the same as yours. 

The package had his name with my address.  They accepted that.    The reason i was angry at him was the fact he knew it was wrong. I also reamed out fedex customer service.

Meanwhile they brake my balls with all matching stuff :)

Howell Gun works posted in their Facebook page you need to ship via FFL or you need to have a permit to get your gun back..... hmm

Don't know who posted that... but they are incorrect.

If you used a pistol permit for that serial number, you do not have to burn another permit for sending it into the factory. Handguns can be shipped via UPS or FedEx to/from the manufacturer/gunsmith and back to the owner... as long as there is no change of ownership. Let someone show me in the NJ 2C code where it states sending a gun to a manufacturer for work requires a NICS and another permit.

12 minutes ago, Gunnz said:

HGW is still claiming that dropping your firearm off at a HUB is illegal via NJ law and you have to ship through FFL

For mere $1000, I will call NJSP Firearms Unit, give them advance notice that I am dropping my firearm at Fedex Hub, shipping it for repair and see if I get arrested for doing so. 

Tell HGW,