Sign in to follow this  
Rob0115

Morris county attorney

Anyone know a good attorney in west Essex / Morris county area?   I listed my house and accepted an offer in one day.  My previous attorney retired and now I'm scrambling for a new one.   

Thanks. 

Anybody who says you don't need an attorney to transact a house is lucky enough to live in a fantasy world where douche bags don't exist.  

Whats the fee?  0.5% of the deal?   thank god I had a lawyer when I sold my place.   We had to cancel two buyers for cause and one of them was going to sue to keep the transaction thank god I had a pitbull attorney on my side 

• Like 2

Who was the attorney?  Not having one is not a consideration. 

2 hours ago, mikeyjones said:

Pm sent. He's really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.  I'll give him a ring.  

Anybody who says you don't need an attorney to transact a house is lucky enough to live in a fantasy world where douche bags don't exist.  
Whats the fee?  0.5% of the deal?   thank god I had a lawyer when I sold my place.   We had to cancel two buyers for cause and one of them was going to sue to keep the transaction thank god I had a pitbull attorney on my side 

Exactly and there's such a wide chasm between good and bad attorneys.

The price isn't usually a % but a flat fee and can be higher or lower than your estimate based on sale price.

Title insurance is great but it will not protect you when shit goes sideways.

Also, an FYI, the price of title insurance can be lowered by calling the company directly rather than taking the price from the mtg broker / bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mikeyjones said:

Also, an FYI, the price of title insurance can be lowered by calling the company directly rather than taking the price from the mtg broker / bank.

Please tell me more, Mikey-San.  I'm closing on a house in a couple of weeks and the estimated costs of a lot of the closing cost line items are really raising my eyebrows.

I have bought and sold many houses. As a buyer I used an attorney. As a seller 75% of the time I used the title company the attorney used. Land or complicated deals yes attorney is needed. Complete renovation flip no attorney is needed. Both buyer and seller using only a title company was the norm in South Jersey and Delaware. Maybe someone from South Jersey can chime in if it is still the norm.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

On 8/15/2017 at 7:58 AM, capt14k said:

Just use a title company. No need for an attorney. Especially as the seller. Waste of money. South Jersey neither seller or buyer uses attorney.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Same in PA. No attorney.