Samdjr74

Uberti No. 3 Russian in 45LC, anyon have one?

Hello all,

I got a couple of revolvers on my wish list and one of them is a No. 3 Russian, Schofield revolver in 45LC. Does anyone own one of the reproductions for Uberti and if so what are your thoughts? The price tag is a little steep but is it worth it?

Thank you,

Sam

I wanted to get one and have it machined for .45 ACP/moon clips... but was told of how weak the design is for .45 Colt. Kind of killed my interest in them... at least until I'm out of NJ.

I have a Ruger New Vaquero Convertible, so was considering a short barreled Schofield as a second gun, if I ever decided to try CAS.

Personally, the Schofield redesign is a little better than other Model 3s, as it is easier to break the gun open with your firing hand.

1 hour ago, Screwball said:

I wanted to get one and have it machined for .45 ACP/moon clips... but was told of how weak the design is for .45 Colt. Kind of killed my interest in them... at least until I'm out of NJ.

I have a Ruger New Vaquero Convertible, so was considering a short barreled Schofield as a second gun, if I ever decided to try CAS.

Personally, the Schofield redesign is a little better than other Model 3s, as it is easier to break the gun open with your firing hand.

Thanks for the info. I'm not dead set on this but I'm looking for a top break design, I also wanted something in 45LC. I figured if I can get both in 1 gun, I just killed two birds with 1 stone. While looking, I realized that 45LC and top break are hard to come by.

To add to that, GunBlast did a review of one with the conversion I mentioned. Gave good reviews of it, but people were up in arms when I asked about it on The Firing Line. Should have been more skeptical, as people tell me my 642-1 is going to blow up with 9mm (it doesn't).

1 minute ago, Screwball said:

To add to that, GunBlast did a review of one with the conversion I mentioned. Gave good reviews of it, but people were up in arms when I asked about it on The Firing Line. Should have been more skeptical, as people tell me my 642-1 is going to blow up with 9mm (it doesn't).

I was reading a few threads were people were coming out and saying the top break action was never designed for these modern loads and will eventually fail and take part of your hand with it. So that doesn't sound pleasant at all.

I get their point and I understand by the nature of the design it may not be able to handle hot loads. For me, the $1K price tag for a reproduction that might not come out of the safe that often is a hard pill to swallow. I might just skip the idea of the 45LC and stick with finding a top break in 38 or something else like that.