mikeyjones

Need Safe Mover Recommendations

7 minutes ago, mikeyjones said:

In the process of getting a quote from them, just looking for more suggestions. Always helps to shop a quote.

Ck with local self storage places. They are always hooked up with movers. It benefits them to give a good recommendation 

1 hour ago, AlexTheSane said:

I'm just here waiting for all of the suggestions on how you can move the safe yourself completely ignoring your actual request.

Yeah, man. Just a set of those forearm straps and a buddy is all you need!
Sorry, no suggestions. Zeke is spot on with the self storage thing though.

• Like 1

I'm going to have to find someone to do it when we move to Maine. Probably just going to put it in a Pod, then ship.
Sell it. Buy a new one.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sell it. Buy a new one.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

But then I lose all the stickers I have on my Fatboy Jr. [emoji6]

I'm not really too fond of selling/buying new safes. The two Liberty Safes I have use the mechanical locks... and I can unlock either easily. The smaller one will be the one in the bedroom in the next house...

The Fatboy Jr will likely be unlocked most of the time. I already have the ok for a safe room/bunker. [emoji41] Just need to find/build the right house. Will have a place for reloading, work bench, racks for the guns that don't fit in the safe. Going climate controlled and cable ready, as well. My girlfriend doesn't like basements, so shy of any house needs (HVAC, water heater, etc)... my area! Hell, if that stuff is in the center of the basement, I'll box around it and have a C shaped safe room.

If you're moving try offering it to the new people.   50 cents on dollar.   Yeah you're taking a loss but the aggravation is priceless.   You have to offer it that cheap to really entice next people to not refuse a good deal. 

Use proceeds to upgrade at next place.  

If you're moving try offering it to the new people.   50 cents on dollar.   Yeah you're taking a loss but the aggravation is priceless.   You have to offer it that cheap to really entice next people to not refuse a good deal. 
Use proceeds to upgrade at next place.  

Appreciate the input but 1) the new owners aren't really interested in it 2) it's not a big box store special, so even at 50 c on the dollar, it's not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, mikeyjones said:

Need to move a 900lb gun safe - and possibly store it for a few weeks.

Any one have recommendations in the west morris county area?  

Some appliance movers will deal with safes..  Do you need it moved upstairs?

I got this name from a safe company I was thinking of buying from. I never used either service, since I bought my safe from some place else. This guy might be worth taking a look at. The Safe Man

Yep he delivered my safe originally. I've gotten a quote from him already. Thanks.

I'm leaning toward using regular movers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk