Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyB

Tanner's has Ruger 10/22 Kryptek takedown for $265

I've always wondered how accurate these are with with a scope.  The iron sights are on the barrel so if there's a little slop between the receiver and barrel, it should still be accurate.  However, if you mount a scope on the receiver and the barrel is a little sloppy, it will have accuracy problems.

Since you need the force of 10 elephants to unscrew most rifle barrels, I'm curious if this setup is accurate.

Tanner's has had this deal for months. I bought that exact rifle back in May or June. They also have the M1 Carbine replica for a similarly low price.

I have only had the rifle out a few times, but it is plenty accurate at 50 yards. Maybe not sub moa, but certainly capable of plinking cans and golf balls. I need to get out with it to sight in my red dot.

1 hour ago, maintenanceguy said:

I've always wondered how accurate these are with with a scope.  The iron sights are on the barrel so if there's a little slop between the receiver and barrel, it should still be accurate.  However, if you mount a scope on the receiver and the barrel is a little sloppy, it will have accuracy problems.

Since you need the force of 10 elephants to unscrew most rifle barrels, I'm curious if this setup is accurate.

There is a collar on the receiver used to adjust the tension of the barrel to the receiver. You need to turn the collar to achieve a solid lockup.  Most who complain about this have not done it properly if at all.  There are adjustment screws to realign the collar if the normal adjustment is out of spec.  I have three of these TDs and all are very accurate.  One has been heavily modified with an aftermarket barrel and is a tack driver out to 75 yards.  

Tanner's sold out the the Kryptek Typhons a while ago.  They were offered OTD for $252.00. Their next batch was a different pattern but had a threaded barrel and flash hider so they were not offered to NJ residents they were priced at $269.00+. Is this batch threaded?  Just curious.

I have the plain, stock takedown and I was surprised by how accurate it shot despite 1. Me being the shooter and 2. El cheapo ammo. I've since put in the BX trigger, but I doubt I would've bothered if I hadn't bought it simultaneously with the gun. I'm putting a scope on it in the next week or 2 since my eyes were letting me down with some of the smaller targets at 50 yards (ugh age). I'll try to remember to post the results.

What scope are you getting for it? I got regular Simmons but it's too long so it hardly fits the bag. I looking for something else that would be good for 50 75 yards

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh and I will finally swap the factory sight to Wilson's fiber optics

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, T Bill said:

There is a collar on the receiver used to adjust the tension of the barrel to the receiver. You need to turn the collar to achieve a solid lockup.  Most who complain about this have not done it properly if at all.  There are adjustment screws to realign the collar if the normal adjustment is out of spec.  I have three of these TDs and all are very accurate.  One has been heavily modified with an aftermarket barrel and is a tack driver out to 75 yards.  

Tanner's sold out the the Kryptek Typhons a while ago.  They were offered OTD for $252.00. Their next batch was a different pattern but had a threaded barrel and flash hider so they were not offered to NJ residents they were priced at $269.00+. Is this batch threaded?  Just curious.

No, it is not threaded. It's exactly as pictured above. The rear sight is a flip down type, which is handy to get it out of the way of some optics.  The collar on the barrel is very easily adjusted to ensure the tightest of fit to the receiver.