voyager9

Washing machine killed by storm

i think the storm last night torq'd my washing machine. No lights and won't turn on. The outlet wasn't GFI but there was an external GFI device in the other plug of outlet and it tripped and appears shot (won't reset). Biggest problem is front-load door is locked with wash in it. 

Any ideas?

storm also fried one or two spotlights on the exterior. Need a 35' ladder to replace. Maybe update to a ring. 

It probably has an internal fuse or breaker.  You can find the wiring diagram online to find where it is.  We just bought new washer and dryer a couple months ago, I hate the washer, I think it has become sentient and planning to take over the house. It sounds positively evil.

I'd be very surprised if there was no fuse.  In my experience, just about every electronic device with a printed circuit board has one.  It may be soldered directly to the PCB, and not considered a "user serviceable component" and therefore not listed in the manual.

The model # can probably be found on the back of the machine too.  What brand is it?

Just did some cursory research, could not find a Duet diagram but did find that every machine has a fuse "module".  Try calling Sears parts department (not the 800 #) at your local Sears.  They are pretty good at having replacement parts for appliances.  Just ask if they have the fuse module, of course once you find the model #, and see what they say..

The videos I watched showed the fuse module located at the top of the machine.  If it's the fuse, it should be pretty easy to replace.  There are 4 or 5 screws that hold the top cover on.  If you can get to them and remove them, you may find a wiring diagram under the cover.

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Do you have power to the outlet?

I have a 28' you can borrow.

Yes. Power at the outlet

3 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Just did some cursory research, could not find a Duet diagram but did find that every machine has a fuse "module".  Try calling Sears parts department (not the 800 #) at your local Sears.  They are pretty good at having replacement parts for appliances.  Just ask if they have the fuse module, of course once you find the model #, and see what they say..

The videos I watched showed the fuse module located at the top of the machine.  If it's the fuse, it should be pretty easy to replace.  There are 4 or 5 screws that hold the top cover on.  If you can get to them and remove them, you may find a wiring diagram under the cover.

Thanks for looking!  Do you have a link?  All the searching I did said that the washer didn't have a fuse, just the dryer

Look up Thermal Fuse or Link.... When something draws heavy loads, fuses would always blow. Thermals heat up, expand its contacts and cools off and resets. Or it just fries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I went to youtube and just looked at a bunch of videos for front loaders.  My search for schematics was polluted with a bunch of BS from some BS phishing site so I kinda struck out there but did see a few legit diagrams that indicated fuses.