SJG

CZ P-10

There have been numerous early adoption issues with it, so I'd wait if I were you. Having said that, I did handle one recently and like the feel, ergos and trigger. Definitely worth a look, but wait a few months. Also, do not pay more than $450 for it. I've already seen them for $430.

18 hours ago, Blackjack988 said:

Have one.  Love it.  Had a bit of a break-in but after about 150 rounds it runs flawlessly.  Great ergonomics and a fantastic trigger.  Happy to let anyone who is interested in trying one out shoot mine.  

Are  you finding a hard mag release ?

5 hours ago, Zeke said:

Are  you finding a hard mag release ?

Yep.  Certainly heavier than normal, especially compared to a Glock or 1911.  I personally don't have any issues releasing it quickly, every student I've handed it to has had a hard time doing so, to the point where I usually tell them to use their off-hand thumb to press it in fully.  Its worn in dramatically since I got it an expect it to continue to wear in further but I doubt it'll ever be considered light.  

It's likely due to the heavy magazine springs being used and the design of the mechanism itself (which is really novel by the way).  I've seem some people disassemble and polish the V-notch, which I may look into doing.  I also know some people that have replaced the spring with a Glock spring, but I've seen some issues with that approach so, especially considering I don't have any issues, i'm unlikely to try that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackjack988 said:

Yep.  Certainly heavier than normal, especially compared to a Glock or 1911.  I personally don't have any issues releasing it quickly, every student I've handed it to has had a hard time doing so, to the point where I usually tell them to use their off-hand thumb to press it in fully.  Its worn in dramatically since I got it an expect it to continue to wear in further but I doubt it'll ever be considered light.  

It's likely due to the heavy magazine springs being used and the design of the mechanism itself (which is really novel by the way).  I've seem some people disassemble and polish the V-notch, which I may look into doing.  I also know some people that have replaced the spring with a Glock spring, but I've seen some issues with that approach so, especially considering I don't have any issues, i'm unlikely to try that.

What's up with auto battery?

Just now, Zeke said:

What's up with auto battery?

Works 99.99% of the time with the way I insert my mags (energetically).  Some people see it as a problem but I don't, I got used to it happening with my M&P and like how quick it makes reloads.  It happens quite a bit more often with the CZ vs the M&P because of the way the slide stop interfaces with the bolt face as opposed to a small notch on the slide (its enormous in comparison so its also heavier and seems to drop easier).  Its easy enough to ride the slide stop while inserting the magazine to make it closer to 99.99999%.  I did have some issues with the first ~150 rounds where the top round in the magazine would nosedive into the feeding ramp on an auto battery, but that has resolved itself and i'm going to chalk that up to magazines that needed to be broken in. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackjack988 said:

Works 99.99% of the time with the way I insert my mags (energetically).  Some people see it as a problem but I don't, I got used to it happening with my M&P and like how quick it makes reloads.  It happens quite a bit more often with the CZ vs the M&P because of the way the slide stop interfaces with the bolt face as opposed to a small notch on the slide (its enormous in comparison so its also heavier and seems to drop easier).  Its easy enough to ride the slide stop while inserting the magazine to make it closer to 99.99999%.  I did have some issues with the first ~150 rounds where the top round in the magazine would nosedive into the feeding ramp on an auto battery, but that has resolved itself and i'm going to chalk that up to magazines that needed to be broken in. 

Thank you for your response 

Decided to purchase the P-10 from deguns.com. They accepted my offer of 419. On most of the Youtube videos, any out of the box issues seem to resolve after 100-200 rounds. I thought your comments were quite helpful. $419 v $550 for a Gen 5 Glock quite a difference. 

1 minute ago, SJG said:

Decided to purchase the P-10 from deguns.com. They accepted my offer of 419. On most of the Youtube videos, any out of the box issues seem to resolve after 100-200 rounds. I thought your comments were quite helpful. $419 v $550 for a Gen 5 Glock quite a difference. 

Nice price!  Got mine from the first shipment deguns had of the FDE model.  Paid MSRP, but that's the price for being an early adopter and it was worth it to me.  

Happy to answer any other questions out there.