bhunted

Vaultek VT20i handgun safe mini review

This puppy is awesome. Multiple ways to open, very secure and can be mounted or tethered.

Not cheap but I'm a techy at heart so got one to tinker with.

You can monitor and work it with a smartphone app, open with your finger print, a lock or touch pad. Has tamper indicator in ap as well as multi functions from keypad.

Fits a full size semi with tactical light.

Battery can last up to 4 months depending on use. Uses rechargeable battery that can charge via micro mini usb plug. So far very pleased with it.

They have other models too.

Check out the VT20i here:

https://vaulteksafe.com/index.php/vaultek-vt20i/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/20/2017 at 10:10 PM, bhunted said:

This puppy is awesome. Multiple ways to open, very secure and can be mounted or tethered.

Not cheap but I'm a techy at heart so got one to tinker with.

You can monitor and work it with a smartphone app, open with your finger print, a lock or touch pad. Has tamper indicator in ap as well as multi functions from keypad.

Fits a full size semi with tactical light.

Battery can last up to 4 months depending on use. Uses rechargeable battery that can charge via micro mini usb plug. So far very pleased with it.

They have other models too.

Check out the VT20i here:

https://vaulteksafe.com/index.php/vaultek-vt20i/

Thanks John!

I never heard of this brand but based on your description of the features, I bought my very own V20i.

The fingerprint reader is definitely not 100%  I doubt it was worth the extra $80 over the one without but I will keep it anyway.  My Beretta 92FS and a couple extra mags fit nicely inside. The app is great to see if someone was playing with the buttons and showing a red tamper signal in the app.  It's well built and heavy. My purpose for it is to keep my 3 year old grand kids safe if they came to visit and I somehow forgot to lock it up in my main safe. Thanks again John, so far I love the techy features of the safe.

Does the keypad stay lit all the time when it's dark?

No, but it has a proximity sensors. Lights when you get near or touch it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Thanks John!
              I never heard of this brand but based on your description of the features, I bought my very own V20i.
              The fingerprint reader is definitely not 100%  I doubt it was worth the extra $80 over the one without but I will keep it anyway.  My Beretta 92FS and a couple extra mags fit nicely inside. The app is great to see if someone was playing with the buttons and showing a red tamper signal in the app.  It's well built and heavy. My purpose for it is to keep my 3 year old grand kids safe if they came to visit and I somehow forgot to lock it up in my main safe. Thanks again John, so far I love the techy features of the safe.

Try reprogramming them. The secret is not to just touch a print in 5 times, but just change your finger position a hair. Iphones work the same way. I have 4 prints in mine plus my wife and it hasn't had a hiccup yet. Also, go into app and name every print. Ex., John LT, John RT, John, IF, Wife, LT, etc...Use the app too and check history.

One way or another, you have different ways to unlock it. Not just stuck with prints.

I wasn't going to get the bio either but for a few more bux its worth it.

BTW, its still on its first charge and I've been messing with it for about two weeks every day. Charge is still over 90%....

very pleased.

3 hours ago, bhunted said:

No prob.... hasn’t failed me yet.
Good customer support too.

John,

I seem to remember some kind of software bug or something they promised to fix. Did you hear anything?

John,
   I seem to remember some kind of software bug or something they promised to fix. Did you hear anything?

Yep, but it was all hogwash. You have to be right next to it with the ap for it to work.

• Like 1