RTSP1

New Glock Model coming out 08/26/2017!!

6 hours ago, Bully said:

I just googled the Glock 17M.

All this excitement over a Glock that looks like a Glock?  

Odd.

Yeah, but this one is actually going to be made from a 2 x 4 - not just feel like and resemble one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

So... Slide serrations, flared magwell, ambi slide stop, no finger grooves... that's it?

Yep, that's it. The finger groove thing is the big one. That has been the biggest single complaint of Glock owners. Like I said, it's the 17/19M rebranded as the "Gen 5". There are some internal/frame changes also, but I don't care enough to remember them right now, and it's what caused the FBI's testing problems. Hopefully, they worked the bugs out by now.

6 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

Yep, that's it. The finger groove thing is the big one. That has been the biggest single complaint of Glock owners. Like I said, it's the 17/19M rebranded as the "Gen 5". There are some internal/frame changes also, but I don't care enough to remember them right now, and it's what caused the FBI's testing problems. Hopefully, they worked the bugs out by now.

Most likely we'll be beta testers just like with the Gen4's

Will it still come with that inimitable Glock trigger, that feels like someone took a 1911 and coated all the trigger internals with marshmallow fluff and sand?

Congrats to RTSP for the exclusive - it's a big deal for them to be an exclusive dealer for the 17M given how popular Glocks are, but I don't understand the idea of a Glock 1911.  Polymer has already been done - look at the Kimber Ten II for example, and who wants a 1911 with a lousy trigger and throw-away sights? ;)

Yes, flame suit on...

New Features of the Glock M series include:

• A new finish
  • Chamfered slide at the muzzle
  • Changes in the rifling of the barrel
  • Longer recoil spring assembly
  • Reinforced forward notch for the recoil spring assembly
  • Changes in the safety plunger geometry
  • A smoother trigger similar to the G42/43
  • Only one pin in the locking block 
  • Flared integral magwell
  • No finger grooves
  • Straighter grip angle
  • Ambidextrous slide release
  • Magazines have an extended front lip
  • Won't fire when dropped!
  • Like 2

I don't get spending time and effort on going back to one pin. That means redesiging either the locking block or how it the frame holds it and it is not like there is anything wrong with the 2 pin layout, and you still need the extra strength somehow if you don't want the gen 2 .40 issues.

I'm probably the only person on the planet who likes the finger grooves. I don't like them on other guns, but they work for me on Glocks. I recently handled a Gen 2 19 and I was like how do you hold onto this thing?

everything else, have it, why not.

• Like 1

The original 9mm Glocks were one pin designs. They went to two pins when they started developing the .40 models in the same frames as the 9mm.

The one pin allegedly gives a better trigger - I don't know how exactly. Looking at the gun I wouldn't think the second pin matters to trigger press at all... Unless by moving the one pin higher you can change the angle of the pivot of the trigger... I don't know....

Anyway, the G42 and G43 are one pin designs and a lot of Glock shooters say they prefer the trigger on those models. I personally think the better trigger feel has more to do with the redesigned safety plunger/trigger bar interface - safety is more of a ramp shape and less of a dome, but I don't have that much time on Gen 1 9mm Glocks or G42/43s. The new safety plunger is also in the M models.

I agree with the finger bumps - kinda. They fit my hand well on the full size small frame models - G17 and G22. On the compact small frames - G19 and G23, they don't fit my hand as well. I prefer to leave the bottom one and remove the top one:

h69Jf05.jpg

With the magwell, this pistol feels like a handshake when I hold it.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2017 at 6:58 AM, Bully said:

I just googled the Glock 17M.

All this excitement over a Glock that looks like a Glock?  

Odd.

uhhh, yeah.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vlad G said:

I'm probably the only person on the planet who likes the finger grooves. I don't like them on other guns, but they work for me on Glocks...

There's at least two of us.

I don't mind the finger grooves...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, High Exposure said:

I prefer to leave the bottom one and remove the top one:

Hmm that is interesting, I'd have to handle one and see if I like that layout. I did recently shoot a single pin Gen 2 G19 and the trigger is was decent, better then my 34 Gen4 when it come out of the box, but about the same as my Gen3 19. 

I too also don't get how the second pin would interfere with the trigger pull, because the location of the other pin is the same, so tge geometry of the trigger is also the same. Its not as if they changed the trigger bar and layout when they went to 2 pins, but I guess they could do that for the Gen5s. It may be a bad idea though, given the available aftermarket.