Redlines

SAF going anti gun

Why do people bother commenting on threads being a waste of time? Wouldn't it be less of a waste of time to just not read and certainly not reply?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The thread became a waste of time when the chest and fist pumping started about peoples rights. Like we don't know what is right and wrong related to the 2A. The choir knows all and we don't need any reinsurance. We've been at it many times in many threads. Beating a dead horse comes to mind.

My original response was related to SAF in their defense. The rest of the warriors blew it out of proportion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I'm still curious what the conspiracy operations have to do with this thread and how folks have their heads in the mud......

Are you suggesting that the entire charlottesville debacle is a government sanctioned and run operation, by some sort of CIA NSA or other Black ops group?  

No. Soros funded. Antifa is paid Agent Provocateurs. Same goes for those supposed leaders of Unite the Right Rally. Not one real White Supremacist group was in Charlottesville. They intentionally stayed away. Show me evidence of White Supremacists in Charlottesville.

21 hours ago, GRIZ said:

State laws may be more restrictive than Federal but not contrary.  That argument comes up to SCOTUS on a regular basis.

The one issue that flies in the face of this is the legalization of marijuana in certain states.  I haven't seen any challenges by the Federal gov't to the action by these states. 

18 hours ago, capt14k said:

Yet you both are still read and commenting on it. I see this often on forums. It is a phenomenon I can not quite figure out.

I am guilt of doing this. I chest thump about bring right while complaining about others chest thumping. When I go back to the thread few days later, I dont even remember why I was chest thumping. You have to try it sometimes :bam:

I am guilt of doing this. I chest thump about bring right while complaining about others chest thumping. When I go back to the thread few days later, I dont even remember why I was chest thumping. You have to try it sometimes :bam:
I'm sure we all get wrapped up in debates. I wouldn't call it chest thumping, but wanting to be right and thus competitiveness.

What I don't get is the complaining and posting about threads being a waste of time and bandwidth. You would think the servers were near capacity, but if that was the case wouldn't not posting and instead ignoring the thread make more sense.

The one issue that flies in the face of this is the legalization of marijuana in certain states.  I haven't seen any challenges by the Federal gov't to the action by these states. 
Obama used the IRS to go after a few of the shops. There was a TV about one of them I believe the store was called the Bay Area Cooperative.

Watch the real tiki torch march video. I was never great at Where's Waldo, but I couldn't find any Neo-Nazi, Skinhead, Klan, Aryan Nation, or any other White Trash.

22 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

The legal marijuana issue has become more a social and cultural issue over the years.  Gathering support from both the left and libertarians (one thing they both agree on)  has helped this issue.  Supporters of legalization referring to cannabis as "medicine" and acting as it's the cure for everything has indoctrinated the uninformed.

It started with decriminalizing private use and possession by many states in the 70s.  California was the first state to legalize "medical marijuana" in 1996 but it took 8 or 9 years to fully implement the law. Court challenges to Federal marijuana laws have failed.

The biggest impediment to not enforcing those Federal laws was from our "friends" in the Obama administration with Holder directing the Justice Department not to pursue cases involving state marijuana laws.  This brought about the surge of state legalizaton laws.   Democrats have an interest in keeping their constituents stoned.

There are only 3 or 4 states that don't have some form of legal cannabis.  Legalization nationwide is inevitable.  Like it or not.

Contrary is not the best word to describe Federal sovereignty in this case.  State laws don't supercede Federal laws is a better way.   Get caught dealing with marijuana outside the scope of state laws and you can still be prosecuted.

1 hour ago, GRIZ said:

The legal marijuana issue has become more a social and cultural issue over the years.  Gathering support from both the left and libertarians (one thing they both agree on)  has helped this issue.  Supporters of legalization referring to cannabis as "medicine" and acting as it's the cure for everything has indoctrinated the uninformed.

There are only 3 or 4 states that don't have some form of legal cannabis.  Legalization nationwide is inevitable.  Like it or not.

Unless someone can present a credible case that increased Marijuana use results in increased crime, DUIs, illnesses, medical/insurance costs, etc. etc. etc. or that it is proven to be a "gateway" drug to the hard stuff. So far, I haven't seen one yet but I think more study is in order.  We'll see what happens in the states where one or both are, presently, legal.

There are some that argue that legalizing (and taxing) recreational Marijuana might actually reduce some crime (i.e. the illegal trafficking, sale, etc. of it and the results of all that activity). That might be balanced by some increases in petty theft as people try and "creatively finance" their purchases of it, or attempt to grow their own (assuming it would still be illegal to do that), or deal with the backlash that comes from the "illegal" trade trying to fight to keep their business. This, as well as any net increase in Motor Vehicle issues (DUI), but, hopefully, no worse than those we have presently with Alcohol. I think it would be hypocritical for society to keep weed illegal for those "safety" reasons when, in turn, it tolerates Alcohol and all it's problems.   

Personally, AFAIC, the jury is still out on both Medical and Recreational Pot. I would welcome any therapeutic value it might have in re: the treatments for seizures, glaucoma, oncological issues, etc. etc, but there needs to be a bit more history of success in those regards (and lack of problems). I'm also not yet convinced in re: Recreational weed, either. There needs to be much more study  and history that it *doesn't* result in increased "problems...." certainly no net gain over the present level with Alcohol/Tobacco.  Having been an EMT in a previous life (and a PIT) and having to bring several junkies out of some rather expensive highs (and taking a lot of $h!t for it - "HEY I PAID $$$ FOR THAT HIGH!!!"), it will take quite a bit of convincing.  I probably won't partake, personally, if it is legalized (I never smoked Tobacco and haven't had any alcohol that I recall in more than 5 years), unless my doctor were able to convince me that it would be the one and only treatment available for whatever was ailing me a the time.

That's a lot of convincing.

• Like 1

With marijuana being legal or decriminalized in so many states they should change federal law. Personally I never liked it, but it is a lot less damaging than alcohol. Never heard about anyone getting pot muscles, doesn't cause cirrhosis of the liver, and is a lot less likely to lead to a fatal accident. As far as gateway drug the first drug most people ingest is alcohol.

Uh-oh. Is this thread drift? LOL. If so, sorry to drift into even deeper waters...but the fact is, though marijuana has been shown to be less impairing than alcohol, we simply don't know its full impact, for instance, on traffic fatalities. States like Colorado have done a piss-poor job of tracking this --- some of their coroners test for it, others don't, etc. --- they are so slipshod in their approach, it's ridiculous... and it makes me wonder if these initial reports coming out are seriously underestimating the issue. Cynically, some think these states are all too happy to look the other way on any negatives, because the pot trade is such a huge revenue-generator for them.  

Personally, I don't have a vested interest one way or the other, so I'm just going to go where the facts lead me. So far, there does seem to be early indicators showing that more people using (and testing at much more potent levels too) may be contributing to a spike in traffic fatalities. (Thinking logically... is that really such a shocker?)  I guess it's just one more thing to factor into the legalization pros/cons list:  

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/25/colorado-marijuana-traffic-fatalities/ 

• Like 1

My only interest is the cost of enforcement and housing those convicted of marijuana charges. Is there a spike in accident fatalities because they are accident now reporting marijuana usage? I was more comparing marijuana to alcohol. If there was a drug that should be illegal it probably is alcohol, but we tried that once and it didn't turn out very well.

http://drug.addictionblog.org/can-you-overdose-on-marijuana/

@HBecwithFn7 I generally agree with your assessment. The above link link lists some of the health and medical issues the pro-Marijuana people ignore.

@Mrs. Peel I agree many are ignoring problems legal recreational Marijuana has brought in many states.  I have seen and heard about some of them in Colorado.

@capt14k if you recall Corey Booker when was talking about he mentioned the disparity of Marijuana arrests among the black and Latino community.  While the number of Marijuana  arrests has gone down in Colorado the percentage of black and Latino arrests has gone up. The reason?  Poor marijuana users can't afford the $200 an ounce charged at the smoke shops.  While the illicit marijuana trade has been replaced in some part by legalization it is still there and doing well.  Police in Colorado arrest people involved in illegal marijuana trafficking all the time.

This has created a situation where Colorado is saying marijuana use is legal but we'll arrest you if the state isn't making money from it.

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

Thank you for that info@Griz I didn't know they were still arresting people for marijuana in Colorado. So much for the savings on enforcement and incarceration.

The difference is they are arresting for trafficking, not use or possession.  Significantly fewer people.

^^^^Maybe this is why I've noticed an overall increase in the amount of posts about Cap & Ball revolvers ownership & use on Facebook?  Most states don't consider them to be firearms, so no 4473 to fill-out.  Some states (like New York) do however have "Constructive Possession" laws that read, simply, if you have everything to make them work (gun, powder, balls & percussion caps) then you have a firearm.  If you buy one & use it for a wall-hanger at your basement bar you better not have everything else to make it go BANG!  That being said, Joisey considers them to be deadly firearms as soon as they cross the Delaware, so they must be unloaded & treated the same as a 16 round 2011.  Whether or not the feds are going door-to-door to check for Cap & Ball revolvers is yet to be seen, but I'd strongly doubt it!  One thing is certain, I already know that in certain states Felons & other prohibited persons can use black powder firearms since no federal regulations exist....

Any of you Pot smokers wanna a class in Cap & Ball, lol???

• Like 1