Ray Ray

Gen 5 Glock!

In the internals make it look like the trigger bars and striker plungers (and slides) are really different then previous versions. I'm curious, but not curious enough to spend money.

edited to add: now that I've seen more pictures of the internals, it is a drastically new gun inside. It is more different then any of the previous 4 gens put together.  I can't decide if that is good or bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vlad G said:

edited to add: now that I've seen more pictures of the internals, it is a drastically new gun inside. It is more different then any of the previous 4 gens put together.  I can't decide if that is good or bad.

Looks like that to me too.  No more polygonal rifling... A lot of changes internally and no parts interchangeability with older gens... It's going to be something to wait to see how it works out.

10 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Looks like that to me too.  No more polygonal rifling... A lot of changes internally and no parts interchangeability with older gens... It's going to be something to wait to see how it works out.

Looks like the only part that will interchange with previous / Gen 4 models is the mag release. And of course sights. The Gen 5 even has new magazines with orange followers, but will still except all previous gen 3 & 4 mags, so you can still use your 33 rounders, err, wait, nevermind. On another note, from sniffing around, seems Glock will only be offering the Gen5's in 9mm, with no current plans to offer other calibers. The Glock 26 in Gen 5 is also a big question mark at this point. 

Just went and held one at RTSP and took it apart to see what makes it tick.  Since actually like the finger groves on the Gen4 and am not a south paw I don't see that it really offers anything over the Gen4.  You will still need to do something to the trigger, and like any new model it will probably have issues and parts will be hard to find for some time.

2 hours ago, Howard said:

Just went and held one at RTSP and took it apart to see what makes it tick.  Since actually like the finger groves on the Gen4 and am not a south paw I don't see that it really offers anything over the Gen4.  You will still need to do something to the trigger, and like any new model it will probably have issues and parts will be hard to find for some time.

How was the trigger vs a gen4?

1 hour ago, Vlad G said:

How was the trigger vs a gen4?

Did not shoot it, but just playing around with it seemed a little crisper.  Still does not compare with some of the aftermarket triggers and no idea if the trigger itself is the same as the Gen4 or you would have to wait to get parts till someone makes them.  In no rush to go out and get one.  First I need a G17 slide to go with the Jager threaded barrel and comp I won yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Howard said:

Did not shoot it, but just playing around with it seemed a little crisper.  Still does not compare with some of the aftermarket triggers and no idea if the trigger itself is the same as the Gen4 or you would have to wait to get parts till someone makes them.  In no rush to go out and get one.  First I need a G17 slide to go with the Jager threaded barrel and comp I won yesterday.

Oh the trigger is DEFINITELY different then the previous gens, just from the pictures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 67gtonut said:

I posted this as more of a laugh.....

I like Glocks...... but this is hard to watch..... I actually feel bad for the guy.....

And to be honest..... I would not expect any firearm to run under these conditions....

That was rough. I wouldn't expect any pistol to shoot either, although if it was Military Arms Channel doing this test, he'd say that the results were unacceptable and will switch to a new carry piece immediately. :lol: