njJoniGuy

Frozen Nutz Matches at SoJersey Shooting Club

The schedule and match program have been finalized for this winter's Frozen Nutz series of matches at South Jersey Shooting Club.

The match dates are NOV 5th, DEC 3rd, JAN 7th, FEB 4th, AND MARCH 4th

The range facility is located at 840 Piney Hollow Rd, Hammonton (actually Winslow Twp in Camden County) NJ 08037

As the individual match dates approach, you can pre-register by sending me a PM here on the forum before 9PM the night before a match.

As we are limited to an absolute maximum of 40 shooters, pre-registering is a good idea.

Dress warm (and in layers so you can shed them as the day warms up) and bring a lunch to keep the energy levels up.

The 300 shoot house is under cover, so we shoot in all weather except for heavy snow the night before and where driving conditions would put life and limb at great peril.

We hope to see all the regulars come back this winter, and maybe even some of you first-timers.

Remember, we're the only high power game in town over the winter here in Joisey!

ETA: For some reason, the forum will not let me attach the match bulletin to this post. PM me and I will send you the pdf of the Match Bulletin.

Brian

SOUTH JERSEY SHOOTING CLUB

2017-2018

300 YARD WINTER PRONE MATCHES

COME ON OUT AND TRY YOUR HAND AT SHOOTING 300 YARDS PRONE.

I WILL BE HOLDING FIVE (5) 300 YARD “FROZEN NUTZ” PRONE MATCHES THIS YEAR.

THE DATES ARE NOV 5th, DEC 3rd, JAN 7th, FEB 4th, AND MARCH 4th.

THERE WILL BE TWO SEPARATE CLASSES: RESTED AND SLING, BOTH WITH A CALIBER LIMIT OF 8MM/.323

THE MATCHES WILL CONSIST OF THREE SEPARATE STAGES OF 22 ROUNDS IN 22 MINUTES (the first match may have a 5-min sighter period at the match director’s discretion. Please try to have some kind of 300yd zero before the match)

SLOW FIRE SINGLE ROUND FEED FROM THE PRONE POSITION.

YOUR SCORE WILL BE THE BEST 20 OF YOUR 22 SHOTS ALLOWING FOR TWO SIGHTERS PER MATCH. BRING ENOUGH AMMO!

THE RESTED RIFLES MAY BE SUPPORTED BY A FRONT REST/BIPOD OR

OFF HAND & SLING AND SHOOTER’S SHOULDER OR REAR BAG/REST.

THEY WILL BE SHOOTING ON THE MR-63 FC TARGET.

THE SLING RIFLES MAY ONLY BE SUPPORTED BY THE

OFF HAND & SLING AND SHOOTER’S SHOULDER.

THEY WILL BE SHOOTING ON THE MR-63 TARGET. 

ENTRY FEE IS $12.00 PER SHOOTER. SIGN IN STARTS AT 9AM, SHOOTING TO START AT 10AM SHARP. THE MATCHES WILL ONLY BE CANCELLED DUE TO HEAVY SNOW THE DAY BEFORE THE MATCH.

THE MATCH WILL BE SHOT IN ALL OTHER WEATHER.

THIS IS A FUN MATCH ONLY, NOT NRA OR ANY OTHER ORG. APPROVED.

HIGH SCORES FROM 4 OF THE 5 MATCHES WILL BE USED TO DETERMINE CHAMPION IN EACH CLASS. 

ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN SEND ME AN EMAIL AT [email protected].

SHAYNE SIMCOX

HIGH POWER RIFLE MATCH DIRECTOR.

• Like 2