BM59

Storing guns in PA

In light if the next gubernatorial election and the possibility of an even worse climate for gun ownership in NJ, I am considering the option of a second home in PA where to store my firearm collection. Any suggestion e.g. areas, range proximity, legal issues etc. would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

• Like 1

You could just rent a storage locker from one of those self storage places and put your stuff in there. Unless of course you want to buy a second home. In that case, I would make it my primary residency, get a PA DL, buy whatever the hell I wanted, whenever I wanted, and pay cheaper car insurance all at the same time.

Collection is too large to go with storage option. I would rather buy a place, build a gun room, equip it with good  alarm systems and use  it for outdoor weekends. PA Residency would obviously be great but I am not sure if you need to prove you are actually spending enough time there. 

1 hour ago, BM59 said:

Collection is too large to go with storage option. I would rather buy a place, build a gun room, equip it with good  alarm systems and use  it for outdoor weekends. PA Residency would obviously be great but I am not sure if you need to prove you are actually spending enough time there. 

How far do you want to drive?

As far as primary residence, dl and income tax are 2 different things. 

7 minutes ago, Zeke said:

How far do you want to drive?

As far as primary residence, dl and income tax are 2 different things. 

Bucks county would be first choice as it is just over the border. Also thinking of the advantage of a townhouse unit vs. isolated property - safer and easier to rent the day I change my plans.

1 minute ago, BM59 said:

Bucks county would be first choice as it is just over the border. Also thinking of the advantage of a townhouse unit vs. isolated property - safer and easier to rent the day I change my plans.

Townhouse. I do not believe you can go wrong around the Doylestown area

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

I think what he is saying is, he will not comply.

I would not make that assumption from Ray Ray's post. I would certainly not jeopardize my freedom and future just to keep a few  evil black (soon to be named) assault rifles and evil (soon to be named) high capacity 15 round magazines! I am sure Ray would not either. We will simply move to free America and take our guns with us! Most states recognize the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights as the law of the land! Soon the Federal courts and SCOTUS will affirm that fact and even the PRNJ will no longer be able to trample on our rights!

Ray, like myself, will move out of the PRNJ and keep our lawful, legally purchased property until such time as we can return to a free New Jersey that recognizes the basic human rights GUARANTEED by the Constitution of the United States! If we are stupid enough to return!

I'm torn on this, and three threes ago I would have thought differently. Unfortunately, I'll probably get a locker until I can move out of this political cesspool of a state. I'm stuck here for work, so I'll bide my time until I can move out, and in the meantime go to a range in PA on the weekends. 

On 8/26/2017 at 5:10 AM, BM59 said:

In light if the next gubernatorial election and the possibility of an even worse climate for gun ownership in NJ, I am considering the option of a second home in PA where to store my firearm collection. Any suggestion e.g. areas, range proximity, legal issues etc. would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

I'm looking into storing my firearms at this place. It also opens the possibility of owning title II firearms under the NFA.  https://www.gunsitters.com 

32 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I'm looking into storing my firearms at this place. It also opens the possibility of owning title II firearms under the NFA.  https://www.gunsitters.com 

That's a great hint thank you! i was thinking of RTSP prices but they seem way more reasonable (e.g. $159 /month for 20 rifles). And a more flexible option than buying a property.

On 8/26/2017 at 8:15 AM, BM59 said:

I was going to recommend Gunsitters in Easton 2 days ago until I read this, lol!

Dave Kotz is a great friend of mine, a NRA TC, and a CNJFO sponsor.  I am proud to recommend his company (Gunsitters in Easton, PA.).  Dave, his wife & I had lunch together at the Reo Diner in Woodbridge months before he opened Gunsitters.  He asked for my input about the entire business plan, which I gave him, bribed by a meatloaf platter & piece of pie :) .  Eric Peebles(?) was interviewed on Gun For Hire Radio podcast the same day I was on repping for CNJFO many months ago.  He's part of the NJ Gunsitters branch.

They also offer a FREE service to active duty military by storing their personal weapons during a deployment, etc.  I think it's called "Weapons Guard", and it's on the Gunsitters web site :) .  When you write or call, tell him Rosey said to say hello!