BobA

BUDSGUNSHOP.COM

3 minutes ago, jackandjill said:

Series of unfortunate events at the beginning of this hobby and I will never order from Buds ever again, no matter what the deal is. Others may have had positive experiences. 

I did order from other online vendors with positive experience, but be sure its what you want / need. 

Thanks for that. 

I had the complete opposite experience. I ordered my wife's EAA Witness Pavona and it shipped quickly. The online order even had the UPS tracking number when it shipped. I'd order from them again 100%. This was February of 2016.

Actually they even had the order timeline saved in my order history. 

Order History
pixel_trans.gif
02/02/2016   Good News! Your order has shipped. 
All handguns ship via 2nd day air and long guns will ship ground service. Please inspect the firearm at the time of your transfer. Should you have any questions or concerns about the item, please do not accept the transfer. Please leave the item(s) with your dealer and contact Customer Service. For more information regarding shipping and returns, please see the Information page on our website.
02/02/2016   Your order has moved into our shipping department. 
For your FFLs convenience, we include a packing slip with your name and contact information in every firearm order. 
Orders with multiple items may have multiple tracking numbers. Please allow some time to receive all tracking information. 
If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service department.
02/02/2016   Thank You for your purchase at BudsGunShop.com! Your order is now in the processing department. We have everything we need to process and ship your order in accordance with our standard shipping terms.
Once your order proceeds to the shipping stage, you will receive an email notification detailing what to expect. In the interest of shipping orders as quickly as possible, we do begin processing orders immediately. Unfortunately, because time and money has been invested in your order, a 10% fee to cancel, or change the item(s) will apply. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service department.
02/01/2016   Your Order has been Received. 
pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif

I had an excellent experience with Bud's. I bought an Auto-Ordanance Thompson T1D from them. I paid $340 less than my local shop wanted. Free shipping was included but I chose to add insurance for $10 more. They shipped it to my FFL in 4 days. No complaints from me.

2 hours ago, BobA said:

Has anyone had any experiences with Bud's?  I see something I want but I'm very nervous about online dealers.  

Purchased my .357 stainless desert eagle from buds back in Feb.

Ii was shipped within a week to GFH from where I picked it up.  No issues with my order.

Never had any issues with Buds.  Have also had great experiences with grabagun.com and smga.com.

(grab a gun and smokey mountain guns and ammo)

4 minutes ago, Gunnz said:

Never had any issues with Buds.  Have also had great experiences with grabagun.com and smga.com.

(grab a gun and smokey mountain guns and ammo)

Grabagun also offers what we're looking for.  A little higher than Buds though and not free shipping.  But it could still happen.

I've bought dozens of guns from buds. Love doing business with them.

when you do the money order discount they can be a bit slow,

as far as prices, they aren't always the cheapest with all guns. However, nobody beats them (with free shipping) on the big movers I.e. 10/22, m&p, etc.

On 8/27/2017 at 7:42 PM, T Bill said:

No problems with Bud's, but not the best.  Make sure your local FFL will accept and the fees. Some do not like Bud's for some reason.

Because Bud's frequently sells firearms at a price lower than local dealers' cost.

I've ordered from Buds. I try to avoid them these days. 

They used to be cheap and fast. 

Then they were REALLY cheap and slow. 

Now they are maybe cheap and slow. 

Over time they have added more and more practices that while not actually deceptive, are confusing to the consumer and generally make the process of dealing with them more annoying and fraught with risk. They also just screw up more often these days. 

TO address T Bill's question. Like 45 doll said, some don't like them becuase they sell below their cost and kill any chance of them being competitive. 

However, I have run into a couple of FFLs that are geared primarily at doing transfers and are happy with their fees that also REALLY do not like doing business with Bud's and it is because of the following reason more or less. 

So buds catalog used to be a pretty competent cut and paste of manufacturer's web pages. NOW it's a sku with a random picture from the product line and a random description from the product line. It's crap. This results in a lot more people ordering something other than what they thought they did. Buds also now relies a lot more on selling stuff not yet in their actual inventory. This sometimes results in mistakes.  Combine those two with a certain kind of... lets say thrifty and less informed customer that buds seems to attract, and they wind up having to make use of bud's return policy. The FFL has to ship it. THis leaves them doing all the work of a transfer and all the work of shipping and arguing with said customer type about how they need to pay to ship it back, or they just spent $XX supporting bud's business model and made zero money for it. 

Not cheapest anymore and they pull this cash price deal.
Try Reeds, Valiant Defense, etc. No cc fees and usually free shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk