Kaiser

Questions about the SJSC .22 competition

I was wondering what events there were at the SJSC .22 competition and when it is. I know they hold one every year, and that ruger sponsors it, but I wasn't sure the time or date. Also, I wondered what the rules and events were. I've been wanting to get into competitive shooting, and feel that if they have an event for 100 yds, I may actually be able to do well, though I'd be curious as to what you guys think of my target, and if I'm good enough for competition.

The picture is from my stock savage mkII with accutrigger, adjustable leapers scope, and a UTG bipod. 40 shots at 100 yds from a bench using wolf .22.

I don't have a .22 pistol, but am thinking of getting the .22 conversion for my sig p226.

Thank you for advice and info!f6cb842ad83849db154792fae1a0079e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's pretty good man. Not sure about the matches at SJ but there are a lot of .22 matches at Quinton and they are all open to the public. I think they are all knock down steel style matches to. I guess the targets are small and lite.

That's pretty good man. Not sure about the matches at SJ but there are a lot of .22 matches at Quinton and they are all open to the public. I think they are all knock down steel style matches to. I guess the targets are small and lite.
Nice, you think I have a shot? I've never competed before, and don't know what's considered "good" but figured that at distance with a .22. Not sure if 100yds is a category since I've never competed, actually, I have no clue how to enter or anything

If that's a 100yd target I would definitely say your good to go. 

The next match is September 3rd at 7:30 am. Just show up with all your usual range gear and get ready to have fun.

You don't have to pre register or anything like that, just show up. There is plenty of helpful people there if you have any questions. 

Almost forgot to link the website https://quintonsportsmensclub.com

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kaiser said:

Maybe I'm just dense, but I see the event, but no info on the website

Kaiser,

Click on "Shooting Events"  The info is on the drop down list.

Nice Shooting at 100 Yards,

16 hours ago, TonyJ said:

Kaiser,

Click on "Shooting Events"  The info is on the drop down list.

Nice Shooting at 100 Yards,

I'm dumb, I was doing it from my phone at work, clicking on the event calendar, not the event tab itself.

Now my only question is whether Scopes and bipods are permitted. They mention shooting prone, or using shooting sticks, but didn't see anything about optics. I want to find out so I can try and make whatever adjustments are necessary beforehand. My work schedule is such that I'll be working until at least 1am the night before, so I'm going to try and set myself up to just have everything ready, and just roll out of bed to go if I can. Just hope the coffee doesn't make me too shakey!

Thanks for the compliment! I got this rifle as my first gun when I was 19, I come from a non-gun owning family, and am self-taught. The only issue is that I have no idea what's considered "good shooting" or not, but I'd love to start competing. Someday when I have money I'll get some lessons, but may as well see how I stack up in the meantime.

I think they all use scopes, IDK I never shot that match. You can email Ken at [email protected] with any questions. Don't be intimidated it's really easy and like I said everyone is super helpfull. You don't need to pay for lessons just shoot matches and people will help you.