Sign in to follow this  
Persona non grata

NICS in Delaware?

I did a quick search but didn't find what I was hoping for. Does Delaware charge for NICS checks? I will most likely be passing by the DE Cabelas next week, and figured if DE doesn't charge for a NICS check, I could save a few bucks on an AR lower that way. FYI, I would hit it on my way north, since I'm not taking any chances in Maryland. :p

Two of the best things about buying long guns in DE are no sales tax and the free NICS call.

The price on the hang tag is your price out the door.

I've happily bought from Cabela's and Millers (just up the road from the airport, with the big GUNS sign on the roof)

The AR lower you want can't be just a lower without a stock. They're only available to in-state residents, as they are "OTHER" on the 4473. A complete lower, with stock, is listed as a RIFLE and you're good to go buying it in DE

And don't forget to include your DE purchase in your out-of-state purchases when computing your NJ Use Tax on your NJ-1040 next April ;-)

33 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

Two of the best things about buying long guns in DE are no sales tax and the free NICS call.

The price on the hang tag is your price out the door.

I've happily bought from Cabela's and Millers (just up the road from the airport, with the big GUNS sign on the roof)

The AR lower you want can't be just a lower without a stock. They're only available to in-state residents, as they are "OTHER" on the 4473. A complete lower, with stock, is listed as a RIFLE and you're good to go buying it in DE

And don't forget to include your DE purchase in your out-of-state purchases when computing your NJ Use Tax on your NJ-1040 next April ;-)

Well that's a buzzkill. The whole point of the lower is so that I can build it. Guess I'll see if one of the local shops have any Labor Day deals on stripped lowers. 

Thanks for the heads up.