InFamous

Gas Prices.

Jeez!!! Last few days the stations around me rose between 40-60 cents a gallon! Even the super cheap gas station US Fuel on 206 in Andover was $2.55 cash/credit yesterday and I noticed stations around me rose their prices again today. 

What time of the year they start adding that ethanol winter mix or whatever its called? Maybe that's it.

I know they also said they are releasing our reserve for use because of the storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expected a slight increase due to the storm but not this much. I think we're still a couple months off for the normal winter increase. I always remember that being late Oct/Early Nov. Even those two things shouldn't have jacked us up close to 60 cents but what the hell do I know LOL I was just surprised to see them raised again while I was out today. 

I've been on vacation since Monday and don't go back to work until next Friday. I filled up right before my vacation and won't need to hopefully get gas until I go back to work. So at least there's that lol

26 minutes ago, InFamous said:

The Shell station in Budd Lake at the ITC intersection (which is always priced higher) was $2.85 credit when I passed today!

Wow, that's much higher that the Tampa FL rates, which are currently in the $2.399 high end range (but pending changes due to Hurricane Harvey).  I see per Gas Buddy that my old station in Hackettstown (Rt 517 & US 46)  is at $2.56 for regular. It was always lower, previously.  I guess they must have had some serious tax increases.

4 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

Wow, that's much higher that the Tampa FL rates, which are currently in the $2.399 high end range (but pending changes due to Hurricane Harvey).  I see per Gas Buddy that my old station in Hackettstown (Rt 517 & US 46)  is at $2.56 for regular. It was always lower, previously.  I guess they must have had some serious tax increases.

Lol, I smell a rat. The gas tax approved by our " representatives " was not a fixed number %

The gas station just as you get off 80 @ exit 26 was at $2.55 credit I believe. I never used to go there, always went to Shell out of convenience and the fact that the one just off 80 used to still use the old credit card swiper thing, they've upgraded to newer pumps with credit card payment on the pumps. I either stop at US Gas on 206 in Andover on the way to my sons Jiu Jitsu class or there now. I haven't gone to Shell in a couple months. 

On a side note, another reason not to go to that Shell. A couple weeks back my wife stopped there, when she asked the attendant to fill her car he asked for her DL and cell number. She said excuse me? Which he persisted and asked again. She told him he wasn't getting either of those f'n things and fill the f'n tank. It was a younger guy who is a newer employee. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, InFamous said:

On a side note, another reason not to go to that Shell. A couple weeks back my wife stopped there, when she asked the attendant to fill her car he asked for her DL and cell number. She said excuse me? Which he persisted and asked again. She told him he wasn't getting either of those f'n things and fill the f'n tank. It was a younger guy who is a newer employee. 

I've had that happen only once in my life...  in Chicago, just after I had obtained my Shell card. I was asked for DL and they copied the plate number off of my car. It might have just been that one in Chicago (right in Rogers Park), because I had no such trouble elsewhere.  And this was back when they were still doing the manual "back & forth" swiping machine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

I've had that happen only once in my life...  in Chicago, just after I had obtained my Shell card. I was asked for DL and they copied the plate number off of my car. It might have just been that one in Chicago (right in Rogers Park), because I had no such trouble elsewhere.  And this was back when they were still doing the manual "back & forth" swiping machine.

Yeah she was pretty pissed because not only was it DL but cell number also. We stopped there to fill her car on the way to PA on Monday and she pointed the kid out to me, she also shouted at him that he didn't ask me for my DL or cell number LOL

The "back & forth" swiping machine is the one I was talking about at the other gas station which made me not go to until recently when they upgraded all the pumps. 

1 hour ago, InFamous said:

Yeah she was pretty pissed because not only was it DL but cell number also...

There is no reason for a station attendant to require a cell number from a customer, unless they're planning something nefarious or fraudulent. I wouldn't give it to them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

There is no reason for a station attendant to require a cell number from a customer, unless they're planning something nefarious or fraudulent. I wouldn't give it to them.

Exactly. I'm not sure what the motive is/was but it isn't to make sure she is who she says she is for the CC payment like he tried to claim. 

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

it's gone up about fifty cents/gallon out in front of my shop. in just 3 days. it's gonna most likely hit at least 3/gallon. lot of damaged refineries.

I was hoping to never see prices this high again. The last time when it went over $4 a gallon has me nervous. I was strapped for cash as a young family trying to make the bills and had to deal with that on top of it. I'd hope to never see it again. 

1 hour ago, InFamous said:

I was hoping to never see prices this high again. The last time when it went over $4 a gallon has me nervous. I was strapped for cash as a young family trying to make the bills and had to deal with that on top of it. I'd hope to never see it again. 

sadly, it may well happen again. they learned from katrina though. everyone went nuts, 'cause the prices doubled just about overnight. this time, they seem to be raising them slow. the station across the street from me is 2.87 for the cheap stuff. over 3 bucks for premium.

• Like 1

Stations are gouging. I saw $2.19 today at one station for cash, same price it has been. The one down the street went from $2.27 cash or credit to $2.59 to $2.79 today. No chance they received a $.52/gallon increase.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My friends shell station got a delivery this morning. 60cents more per gallon his cost and the delivery driver said that's just the tip of the iceberg. 

As for asking for the phone number thing. When I worked at a gas station I asked all the pretty ladies their phone number LOL. Infamous your wife might want to take it as a compliment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

1) suppliers raise their prices in anticipation of their increased cost. this causes retailers to do the same.

2) station across the street just hit 3.11 for the cheap shit. we just hit 2.68

:blink: $3.11?!?!

16 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Still hanging at $227.9 here. Of course, I have to pump my own. :p

Stop gloating.