Sign in to follow this  
Danno

Ejectors to Extractors

I recently bought a used Ruger Red label 12g O/U. Love the gun overall but it has ejectors and i would much rather have extractors. Is there an easy fix for this or do I need to send it to Ruger?

It's a 2000 production model. I called Ruger and they said it is not a service they provide.

From Shotgunworld:

On the Ruger Red Label the conversion is very easy for the user to perform. With the barrel off the ejector/extractor rods unhood and reveal a spring with a guide, an end cap with pin. 

To convert to extraction only just take one of the springs to your local hardware store and pick up a same or longer lenght spring of the same diameter, but of a lighter gauge wire. You may have to snip the end to shorten and then strech the new spring to the desired tension to just push the fired cases out to the desired length. The installation is the opposite of the removal. 

It's easier than it sounds and just takes a minute to switch between the new and old springs to go back to ejection when it is desired.

• Like 1