NJJoe22

New Range to open in Wayne

I will never go there...

"Anyone who arrives with their own firearm will undergo an extensive safety inspection to ensure their weapons are clean and no explosive rounds are entering the facility, said Crowley. He said anyone carrying hollow point bullets will be asked to leave and police will be contacted for repeat offenders"

From the article:

"Anyone who arrives with their own firearm will undergo an extensive safety inspection to ensure their weapons are clean and no explosive rounds are entering the facility, said Crowley. He said anyone carrying hollow point bullets will be asked to leave and police will be contacted for repeat offenders."

WTF?????

"More than noise, some residents fear the worst, as gun-related suicides have occurred inside several New Jersey ranges."

What in gods name does a suicide inside the range affects your enjoyment of watching Oprah in you living room?

25 minutes ago, WP22 said:

What in gods name does a suicide inside the range affects your enjoyment of watching Oprah in you living room?

You expect the tormented souls of self-violent to honor property lines?  Those neighbors are right to be concerned. A haunting really impacts resale value. 

10 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

You expect the tormented souls of self-violent to honor property lines?  Those neighbors are right to be concerned. A haunting really impacts resale value. 

:facepalm:

I guess you would never live near a cemetery, then.

Same Company that built GFH & RTSP has the contract to build this indoor range.

Crowley corrected his hollow point gaffe.  So let's see where this goes.  They leased it for 10 years.  I think they ought to keep some sort of kitchen in the building so you can get a cheeseburger & a box of 9mm :) 

• Like 1

Guys. I spoke with Shawn last night. He seemed pretty cool and stayed the article was misquoted re: hollow point ammo. The explosive ammo was re: tracer rounds. 

With GFH's expansion, I think it's possible they'll have a rough go of it. It all depends.

GFH is a nice range, with an owner that is diehard 2A, gives back to the community/ also 2A community and all around nice guy. That's a hard combo to over come. 

I assume, they'll be catering to different markets. 

• Like 2

I think there is enough room for more ranges.  I just saw this same one being discussed posted on NJ.com

http://www.nj.com/passaic-county/index.ssf/2017/09/huge_gun_range_gives_former_burger_joint_new_shot_at_life.html#incart_river_home

52 minutes ago, bry@n said:

Guys. I spoke with Shawn last night. He seemed pretty cool and stayed the article was misquoted re: hollow point ammo. The explosive ammo was re: tracer rounds. 

With GFH's expansion, I think it's possible they'll have a rough go of it. It all depends.

GFH is a nice range, with an owner that is diehard 2A, gives back to the community/ also 2A community and all around nice guy. That's a hard combo to over come. 

I saw this item, and thought the same thing about their potential difficulties in competing with GFH.

For those who recall, some people had issues with stated policies when RTSP first opened, but the owners were responsive to the suggestions of their patrons.

All tho I love the location, I think its crazy to be sooo close to GFH, especially w/ their crazy huge expansion.  Hands down, the personnel @ GFH are the best.  And dont forget, Anthony is a class act!    

RTSP is a further drive, but fits perfectly in the Morris/Sussex area.  Been there twice to shoot and afew times to window shop.  The place is clean and staff is always a pleasure to deal with. 

No sure I get the point about being turned away if you don't have a clean firearm if you bring your own.  So if I shot yesterday and did not do a detail stripdown of the gun they wont let me shoot?

I was also very surprised to hear they only have a 10 year lease.  Who puts several million into a facility that they only control for 10 years????

How about The Union Hill Gun Club what a joke that has become. Three years and still counting and no problem taking money for membership with people waiting all that time. It's been one delay after another. Although every range in NJ is a welcome sight, this one seems like one big rip off. I hope those guys that paid already get compensated for the wait time. Word travels fast and it looks like their off to a lousy start.

On 9/6/2017 at 10:48 PM, Smokin .50 said:

Same Company that built GFH & RTSP has the contract to build this indoor range.

Crowley corrected his hollow point gaffe.  So let's see where this goes.  They leased it for 10 years.  I think they ought to keep some sort of kitchen in the building so you can get a cheeseburger & a box of 9mm :) 

This

On 9/7/2017 at 11:11 AM, bry@n said:

And this. Too many were quick to bash the place before a single bullet was sent down range. When has the Record ever been fair or correct in relation to 2a? They have a agenda that has historically been anti gun.

On 9/7/2017 at 2:31 PM, Howard said:

No sure I get the point about being turned away if you don't have a clean firearm if you bring your own.  So if I shot yesterday and did not do a detail stripdown of the gun they wont let me shoot?

I was also very surprised to hear they only have a 10 year lease.  Who puts several million into a facility that they only control for 10 years????

Maybe they will offer a gun cleaning service?

I would never visit a range that requires an inspection of my firearm..

This state treats me enough like a child, I would rather shoot outside in the middle of the winter at Cherry Ridge with no one around then have to produce every gun I brought with me to an RO.

Hell, I put together my friends AR15 on the bench after he picked up his upper from Mastadon.

On 9/8/2017 at 11:50 PM, S&W39 said:

How about The Union Hill Gun Club what a joke that has become. Three years and still counting and no problem taking money for membership with people waiting all that time. It's been one delay after another. Although every range in NJ is a welcome sight, this one seems like one big rip off. I hope those guys that paid already get compensated for the wait time. Word travels fast and it looks like their off to a lousy start.

Ira from Union Hill Gun Club  posted online yesterday that the club is pretty much done. Just have to finish the drop ceiling, some carpeting, probably do some "decorating" and get their final CO.

should be open to members by the end of the month. 

On 9/7/2017 at 11:11 AM, bry@n said:

Honestly, I think another range in the area will do well. GFH is expanding because they are busting at the seems during the weekend. There's still going to be over flow and this new range can pick it up. Plus I live one town away in Pequannock and I know a bunch of people in town that can't wait to try this range out. You'll also see people coming from Riverdale, Pompton Lakes, Lincoln Park and parts of Wayne. It's easier to get to then GFH from these towns.

On 9/10/2017 at 10:52 PM, S&W39 said:

Don't hold your breath.

You called it.  Saw somewhere on their FB thread Ira saying beginning to middle of November.

my guess is 2018

Not everybody needs the ability to become a better shooter at multiple disciplines, i.e.:  black powder, shotgun clay birds, rifle at rifle distance of 100 yards, shoot action leagues (IDPA & USPSA), high power rifle league, et., etc.  Or enjoy setting-up their own steel to CLANG :) .  For those folks a commercial indoor range is just fine.  My best advice for shooters is to never put all of your eggs in ONE basket.  Be a member of more than one range if possible.  Enjoy the outdoors as well as the indoor range experience, for both are rewarding.

We welcome every new range that wishes to make a go of it in NJ and remind everyone here that building a range takes a ton of money so don't be scared of paying what some consider "real money" to belong & shoot there.  No one is laying-out MILLIONS of dollars, paying employees a decent wage, and can afford to stay in bidness charging what SOME of you think range time is worth...

• Like 1