Zeke

Suggest forend grip?

On 9/10/2017 at 6:22 AM, diamondd817 said:

It feels more natural and comfortable for me to grab the magwell. I also find I am more accurate and have better control of the rifle this way.  And while not a practical reason, reaching further out on the barrel/handguard makes you a larger target.

Another thing to mention is, I have M4 style rifles with government profile barrels, carbine length handguards, and carbine length gas systems, with no attachments hanging off them, Therefor, the front end of my rifles are very lightweight. I did buy a Ruger SR556 with the piston system, which had the gas block way out near the muzzle and a long heavy handguard. The rifle felt very front heavy and awkward to me. I was much slower with it moving from target to target. I sold it as fast as I bought it. So, it does make a difference on your particular setup.

Carbine length forearms are stupid. going c-clampish on them won't feel all that great because the awkward middle of your reach is where they max out in terms of real estate. 

As for the ruger SR556, you are blaming the rail for weight in a piston gun. Yah ok. 

I guarantee I could sit you down with your rifle, a timer, one built for handling nicely with an eye on weight and a longer handguard, and get you beating the magwell grip times in very short order. It'd probably take you a bit to feel comfortable with it. But that's familiarity, not efficacy. 

On 9/9/2017 at 2:06 PM, Ray Ray said:

Avoid the big, heavy ones.  Anything else is based on feel, cost, application of rifle, and preferences.

By the way, I didn't recommend the grip pod.  

• Like 1

Geeze, you guys have no sense of humor. I think it’s funny as balls! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
If you can’t adapt, then you don’t grab your boys enough! Lmao! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I think thats funny no matter who you are. 🤣[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 9/10/2017 at 0:28 AM, stuckinNJ said:

I use the Strike Industries LINK angled foregrip on my AR and love it.

https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/index.php/products/rifle-accessories/ar/fore-grips/si-link-curved-foregrip.html

Went with this. Thank you

• Like 2