Kaiser

Future idea on cerakoting a gun

I have a Remington r1 enhanced 1911. It's currently blued and has some nice wood grips. I'm thinking of someday cerakoting it with the shark face from WWII bombers. My poppop was in the army air corps, 5th airforce, 4th airdrome squadron, and I have photos of him posing with those types of bombers, so I think it'll be a neat thing.

He had a 1911 in the war, apparently he bought it for a few dollars since there wasn't much to spend money on in New Guinea or the Phillipines. Unfortunately, when they were returning home, the army went through all their belongings while they were off base, and seized the pistol as government property.

I'm wondering what something like that would cost. Furthermore, I'm wondering whether I should get the whole thing colored in the green color the bombers were painted. I'm not in a rush, just an idea I was kicking around in the future. I was also tempted to do that to my Sig P226, since I shoot that far more often, but I'm not sure if the front of the gun is too "tall" and it wouldn't look right

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk