Sign in to follow this  
Rob0115

Anyone collect Playboy?

Funny you should mention this. When I was 10 years old in 1968, I lived in an apartment and found boxes of immaculate Playboy magazines dating well back to the 1950's in the trash. I got the bright idea to sell them for a nickel each in front of the building.

The Cleveland Heights Police showed up in less than 10 minutes and shut me down. I put them all back in the trash. If I had only known! Somehow I don't think my parents would have let me keep them as an investment for the future anyway!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Funny you should mention this. When I was 10 years old in 1968, I lived in an apartment and found boxes of immaculate Playboy magazines dating well back to the 1950's in the trash. I got the bright idea to sell them for a nickel each in front of the building.

The Cleveland Heights Police showed up in less than 10 minutes and shut me down. I put them all back in the trash. If I had only known! Somehow I don't think my parents would have let me keep them as an investment for the future anyway!

Great story. 

• Like 1