High Exposure

Never Forget. Never Forgive. 9/11/01

8 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Did we a'll forget the celebrating in the streets around this area and in the middle East when the buildings came down?  How soon we forget.  

Their "religion" is racist, homophobic, sexist, allows rape of women and children, allows murder, bigotry, slavery, and thievery.

I'll pass 

Who said anything about forgetting?  I will remember 9/11 as long as I live.  And I also remember the videos of people celebrating in the streets of AMERICAN CITIES.

I cannot speak as one who lost someone close in 9/11, but every American lost something that day.  I do not think forgiveness is incompatible with continued vigilance.  I do not think you have to let your guard down to forgive.  In fact I believe that even under attack you can forgive the people attacking and at the same time employing deadly force--to repel or neutralize those same attackers you forgive--to prevent them from bringing harm to yourself or others.

7 hours ago, Nickjc said:

Many interesting takes -

Some of us would give 30 seconds, a minute a precious hour - not to remember - hate or otherwise not want to destroy that which still pokes at our brain and heart daily.

While other can and may forgive - while other may and can only hate terrorists - while others blame it all on us as they have no real 'truth' as to what happened that day - what I want probably should not be spoken -

what I want is an entire section of the world turned to glass.  Women, Children, husbands - fathers etc. are all culpable - they grew fed and allowed that hate to grow - their are no moderates - they have been doing this it for centuries waging war on others and still are -  and they live among us.  Reaping the freedom that this country so dearly gives and allow them to spew their hate and rhetoric.  They would surely kill every single one of us if and when they can.

See the pain burns bright every single solitary day - I was just down on Cedar Street for a meeting today - all that was in me trying to not look up and be sorrowful and pissed the eff off.  All the while - praying that someone has the stones and stupidity to light the sons of bitches up in one or many large mushroom clouds - by bye mecca - bye bye medina - you want Armageddeon - you want the final battle?  Good we will oblige you - pull our folks back and out button up and launch  - nighty night.

eff the sickness that is islam - eff mohammed - eff the koran - it is a cancer on civilization that has run rampant for far to long

Other than that - sure forgive and forget - till they next time or ' they ' light us up - it is coming - we will lose cities - cause we are too weak to do what really needs to be done.

I'm not sure how you feel ;)

4 minutes ago, Nickjc said:

I clearly do not have an opinion 

It is difficult to be pragmatic about the event, while we as humans can come to terms with loss.  While we can come to terms knowing that a loved one likely burned alive.  While we can come to terms knowing that and the things that were possible and happened.

What is most difficult is the constant reminder.  Think of it as a scab on a wound that has been picked to the point of infection - no matter how much salve we put - the moment we have some healing - and are almost healed - the infection has a resurgence - and it is an open wound once again.

That all being said - the geopolitical aspects of the belief system known as islam, unless the 'moderates' within that system bring the others under control - it must be treated like a cancer and dealt with accordigly.  If a particular belief system requires the subjugation of people's to conform to that belief system at the point of a sword - knife -gun - bomb - car attack - NBC weapons.  It must be dealt with in the harshest manner for the good of all free living people's on the planet.

But again I have no opinion 

the only way to deal with this is for moderates within the Muslim community to put a stop to it. until that happens this will be a war my my childrens children will be dealing with.

1 hour ago, remixer said:

the only way to deal with this is for moderates within the Muslim community to put a stop to it. until that happens this will be a war my my childrens children will be dealing with.

and this will never happen. remember? i believe that the sb terrorists neighbors and relatives knew of their plans? remember orlando terrorist? his wife and other knew?  do you really think that only the terrorists that kilt themselves during 911 were the only ones that knew about what they were about to do? there's almost ALWAYS someone close to the perps that knows what's about to go down. yet they constantly do NOTHING.

On 9/13/2017 at 11:29 PM, Handyman said:

All you have to do is call your belief system a "religion" and it gets a free ride. Misogyny, homophobia, the whole nine yards.

No. I see only one religion getting that free pass. Christians are attacked all the time for just expressing our beliefs in a calm, kind and loving manner.

Edited by leahcim
autocorrect-calm=cartoon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, leahcim said:

No. I see only one religion getting that free pass. Christians are attacked all the time for just expressing our beliefs in a cartoon, kind and loving manner.

Easy now, there are plenty of Pacific Islanders, South Americans, Native Americans, Aborigines and Africans who would disagree with your statement.

13 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Easy now, there are plenty of Pacific Islanders, South Americans, Native Americans, Aborigines and Africans who would disagree with your statement.

My post was in response to current and recent events, not ancient history.

You bring up a whole different topic, better suited to 1A forum

2 hours ago, leahcim said:

My post was in response to current and recent events, not ancient history.

You bring up a whole different topic, better suited to 1A forum

Isn't this a 1A forum?  Aren't ALL forums 1A?  Oh wait, not here.

1st Amendment has nothing to do with posting on privately owned websites.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Congress did not make the forum rules.  If you don't like the rules on a website, find another website to go to or start your own.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexTheSane said:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Congress did not make the forum rules.  If you don't like the rules on a website, find another website to go to or start your own.

I HOPE i'm not gonna get in trouble for this....flamewarriors dot net. be prepared. anything goes there. some good people. it's got people too.

3 hours ago, AlexTheSane said:

I was just saying that this forum has a 1A forum (1st amendment lounge). I understand the BOR outlines out freedoms with respect to government and the law, and has nothing to do with a private forum, online it not