revenger

national reciprocity and paul ryan

..and this is a surprise to you? He came on the scene talking a good game but over the last couple of years it's become obvious he was playing a part and doesn't seem to want to walk the walk now that he has authority to do so. They need to get some wins on the table or they are going to take a beating in the midterms. They run the whole show and they act like they are still in the minority. No wonder Trump is talking to the Dems they may be wrong headed but they pass bills.

-Jim

Paul ryan is a tool.  He needs to go.... They can't even manage to kill Obama care or Pass tax cuts..  which they directly campaigned on... THE GOP is a bunch of ball sacks.

They will never tackle gun laws in favor of gun owners.

Although they will claim they will after the midterms..

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, remixer said:

Paul ryan is a tool.  He needs to go.... They can't even manage to kill Obama care or Pass tax cuts..  which they directly campaigned on... THE GOP is a bunch of ball sacks.

They will never tackle gun laws in favor of gun owners.

Although they will claim they will after the midterms..

Yup and Trump had huuuuge support backing and funding from the NRA. He better get it done. The NRA needs to squeeze some balls tighter.

4 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Yup and Trump had huuuuge support backing and funding from the NRA. He better get it done. The NRA needs to squeeze some balls tighter.

Trump or any president cant get shit done without support from the congress.

Funny how Obama got shit done because congress relinquished their power to him, Trump is dealing with a congress from both sides that will not put anything on his desk.  the GOP will not stand behind him nor the promises they made.   The GOP is always gauging the next election. The Dems just pass shit.. no regard for the next election and it seems to work.. they pass major legislation, lose power then the opposing party refuses to roll back that legislation... Then the dems win again and just push more of their programs...   The GOP has no clue how to play the game...

We are fucking Doomed!

• Like 2

I heard the same thing.  I believe he said that the climate is not right for that bill.  

I've seen nothing but promises, promises from the GOP, and like many, I am becoming increasingly frustrated with them.  It seems that our voices just aren't heard.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

I heard the same thing.  I believe he said that the climate is not right for that bill.  

I've seen nothing but promises, promises from the GOP, and like many, I am becoming increasingly frustrated with them.  It seems that our voices just aren't heard.  

The GOP is a waste. I'm tired of them telling us why they can't get shit done

• Like 3

"Boehner-lite", the biggest problem with getting $hit done in the HR.  Time for a change.  With their majority in the House they should be steamrolling over the Dumbocrats.  NO, always looking behind, instead of just moving forward.

• Like 1

What is Paul Ryan's motivation? 

Exactly the same thing that motivates EVERYONE in congress in both parties:  MONEY and POWER and the prestige and swagger that comes with it.  The two parties fight over ideologies they personally care nothing about.  They give speeches, make promises, and occasionally pass laws for the sole purpose of getting re-elected and keeping their jobs.  Jobs that let them sell votes to the highest bidder and become rich.  They can't accept money directly so they trade votes for no-show board appointments or speaking engagements or other money laundering schemes.

But none of our representatives are in DC because they believe in some cause or because they want to make something better.  They like things exactly the way they are.  Occasionally someone makes it to congress who has good intentions but they won't get committee appointments, won't be allowed to become a sponsor on any bills, won't see their bills make it through committee, and are probably banned from the free haircuts and bowling alley.

So, why is Paul Ryan making sure the Republican party is going to be a failure under Trump's leadership?  Because Trump campaigned on draining the swamp and all the swamp dwellers are joining forces against their common enemy.  Ryan is willing to loose a few seats in the next election as long as they can blame the abysmal failure during Trump's first term on Trump. The goal is to get rid of Trump.

In reality, losing Republic seats makes no difference to any of the Republicans.  The two parties are nothing more than two crooked labor unions joining forces to protect their worker's illegal activities.  Where one union loses a worker or two, the other union gains one.  As long as everyone gets to keep selling votes, that's all that really matters.

Don't be surprised that Paul Ryan isn't representing you.  He doesn't care a bit about what's best for you.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

They hear our voices. They are just ignoring them.

Don't blame me or many others like me that will "forget" to show up to vote in 2018, 2020...The upside is that we won't be voting for a non factor candidate or, haven's forgive, a democrat, either. I couldn't even begin to tell you how much I'm fed up with those sacs of summer breeze. And it's not just about guns.

3 hours ago, WP22 said:

Don't blame me or many others like me that will "forget" to show up to vote in 2018, 2020...The upside is that we won't be voting for a non factor candidate or, haven's forgive, a democrat, either. I couldn't even begin to tell you how much I'm fed up with those sacs of summer breeze. And it's not just about guns.

You need to vote more, not less. Only 12% voted in our last primary. 

5 hours ago, WP22 said:

if you're really not voting, you're part of the problem. you also have zero right to complain about anything they do or do not do as you chose to not vote.

• Like 1

I've faithfully voted from the day I've had the right to. No election was too large or too small, any primary to general, school board and budgets, every single time. Nothing ever changed. At some time you stop being the victim to be an accomplice. I'm tired of these gentlemen to hail my vote as an approval for their actions. 

We are just going to agree to disagree on this. But please just know that I take  this if you don't vote blah, blah, blah, as worthless naive musings. I'm just too old, too jaded, too cynical to, frankly, give a crap of what anybody thinks of me or my actions. 

• Like 1

if you're really not voting, you're part of the problem. you also have zero right to complain about anything they do or do not do as you chose to not vote.
I'll counter this with the fact that if you do vote you have legitimised the whole corrupt enterprise. With one exception I have never come across a single candidate that I could actually support and he wasn't running in my constituency.

If you vote for one bad candidate to stop a worse candidate getting the job, you have just endorsed a bad candidate.

Who is more responsible for the bad candidate getting in, you or me?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm going to quote a poster from a discussion on this elsewhere because I really can't put it any better myself. 

But, but there are so many co-sponsors!!

I explained to someone a few months back that a spike in co-sponsors – especially from those in tight electoral districts – means a bill is dead. The spike means the bill is being used as an opportunity to take credit for supporting something (reciprocity) without the harm of it becoming law. So a co-sponsor can go back and say, “Hell, I even co-sponsored the bill!” when in reality they are whispering to the House Speaker, “I really don’t want to take that vote before my election.”

When Ryan says the timing is not right, that’s what he meant. Right now GOP members get to have it both ways – “supporting” reciprocity while not being responsible for it passing.

Proof: There are enough co-sponsors today on HR 38 (the reciprocity act) that they can pretty much force a floor vote even without a committee vote. If they want this out of the House, they can do it without Ryan.

Of course, that would assume “co-sponsor” is someone wishing to pass the bill into law, instead of someone looking to virtue signal on a bill that will never become law. So don’t hold your breath.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

if this is the case......would it be time for everyone to start calling/emailing/snailmailing?

Jus got off phone with Hudson' office

(202) 225-3715

" up to 212, trying to get a vote this week to get out of subcommittee "

and;" it would be very hard for someone to cosponsor and not vote for it"

and; and; " we are pushing hard on our end here"

tell them we of NJ need this. It's 2 min of your time.

@raz-0

3 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Jus got off phone with Hudson' office

(202) 225-3715

" up to 212, trying to get a vote this week to get out of subcommittee "

and;" it would be very hard for someone to cosponsor and not vote for it"

and; and; " we are pushing hard on our end here"

tell them we of NJ need this. It's 2 min of your time.

@raz-0

THANKS for posting his number. gonna call now. wonder if we can get away with cross posting this into general discussion and 1st lounge for more vis.....

• Like 1