jm1827

DIY Fire Pit

Anyone do your own outdoor fire pit?  Any ideas or suggestions?  I was thinking about using brick pavers, since I have a pallet full.  

If anyone built your own let me know what worked and what didn't.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

12g slugs+metal 55gal drum=DYI firepit

Exit holes are a bit jagged.

43 minutes ago, Bri894 said:

I bought this at a flea market, but an example of what you could do to a 55 gallon drum

IMG_8631.JPG

That's nice work but I'd be afraid of falling on it :)

A few people I know have done a version of this and they love it. Note: Without the use of the pavers for the bottom, I think all of them just used stone. Cheap and easy...it's what I plan on doing when we move, although I like the look of diamond's posted above also. I may have to reconsider!

http://www.keepingitsimplecrafts.com/2016/06/how-to-build-diy-fire-pit-for-only-60.html

1 minute ago, diamondd817 said:

I made this one out of full and half size cinder block. A couple bags of stone, and a tube of construction adhesive (a bead of glue on the outer edges only). About $75 total in material. So far it's been working out great.

121emb4.jpg

I always had trouble with the cinder block falling apart after a few fires. I finally made one out of 6" x 6" scrap steel tube that was left over from a job at my former employer. I welded it together and I think it will last a few hundred years.

2 minutes ago, brucin said:

I always had trouble with the cinder block falling apart after a few fires. I finally made one out of 6" x 6" scrap steel tube that was left over from a job at my former employer. I welded it together and I think it will last a few hundred years.

Really? I had a bunch of fires and no signs of the blocks falling apart. But, I usually don't have huge fires either.

16 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

Really? I had a bunch of fires and no signs of the blocks falling apart. But, I usually don't have huge fires either.

That must be my problem. I occasionally get the flames 6 feet or higher.

We can do that in upstate NY

2 hours ago, InFamous said:

A few people I know have done a version of this and they love it. Note: Without the use of the pavers for the bottom, I think all of them just used stone. Cheap and easy...it's what I plan on doing when we move, although I like the look of diamond's posted above also. I may have to reconsider!

http://www.keepingitsimplecrafts.com/2016/06/how-to-build-diy-fire-pit-for-only-60.html

This looks simple enough for even me!

• Like 1

On 9/18/2017 at 9:29 PM, Indianajonze said:

i'm probably going to do something like this. looks fantastic and so easy even i could build it

I did almost the same thing cost less than $250

42 landscape blocks

5 bags of marble chips

2 tubes of landscape caulk adhesive

and built 5 of these with 2 gallons of exterior latex