louu

Quinton 3 Gun Sunday September 24th.

The next match is Sunday September 24th.

This match and all matches at Quinton sportsmans club are open to the public. 

5 big bad ass stages.

Check the website for the regestration link on the 17th http://www.quinton3gun.com/index.php

and all other information such as address and start time

Remember, if you come out early, help with setup and stay after to help break down Santa will bring you a new gun.

Setup starts at 7am. Registration closes at 8:30 and I will have a new shooters briefing at 8:30. Match announcements at 9 with the match starting after that.

$20 for members and $25 for non members. 

I think this is the Facebook link https://m.facebook.com/login.php?next=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fprofile.php%3Fid%3D480685162262667%26tsid%3D0.8144195090284061%26source%3Dtypeahead&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fprofile.php&_rdr

New shooters are welcome to shoot. 

The kitchen will be open as always and will bring you what ever you order

you and i talked briefly when i bought that sight......would this one also have the heavy metal, or would i be better off using 9mm/.223? i'm gonna mark my schedule and try like a #$% to make it. the only thing possibly standing in the way would be a date with a woman i've been trying to date for god knows how long now.........

also was just reading the page you linked...says to bring 20 rounds of slugs........i don't have any rifled barrels for any of my shotties.....rifled slugs are gtg though, right?

You could shoot in either division, heavy hasn't been to popular we've only had one guy in one match so far. You might be better off with your 223 and 9.

There are 3 slugs this match. Rifled slugs are what you need. Any questions feel free to call me. 

Just bring her to the match with you, tell her it's a good time loading your mags and carrying all your stuff lol.

soooo it sounds like the 92f, an ar and my cheap ass shottie. :)

actually, i may try to convince her to try it, although she's only shot 2x with me.....she is incredibly aware of safety. but then i drilled that stuff into her head before even handing her a firearm...

i'm gonna ask some probably stupid questions.

1) first and formost.....on their site, they suggest watching first if one has never shot one of these. should i?

2) presuming i can/do shoot.......what's necessary as far as sights? i'm still running just eotech or iron sights right now.

3) slings for both rifle and shotgun?

i'll probably come up with more, and apologize if i'm cluttering the thread....just figured there might be other noobs too that it might help to see the answers.

thanks!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tattooo said:

Can't wait to see what you have in store on range #4 Lou....should be fun ( or insanely hard ) ha ha

Come on now I don't think I've been hard on youze guys at all (so far)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

i'm gonna ask some probably stupid questions.

1) first and formost.....on their site, they suggest watching first if one has never shot one of these. should i?

2) presuming i can/do shoot.......what's necessary as far as sights? i'm still running just eotech or iron sights right now.

3) slings for both rifle and shotgun?

i'll probably come up with more, and apologize if i'm cluttering the thread....just figured there might be other noobs too that it might help to see the answers.

thanks!

1 have you shot any competitions? Idpa, uspsa, anything like that? Or watched a bunch of youtube videos? 

2 there's a few different divisions, you need to read the rules on the website. I'm not tactical enough to know what an eotec is lol, so I'm guessing it's a red dot, as long as it's not magnified that would put you in limited. The furthest shot is less than 100 yards at huge targets.

3 Rifle sling is all you need for this match on only 1 stage. Very few people have SG slings yet so I'm probably going to wait till next year for that.

Ask all the questions you have that's what the thread is for. Not to mention this whole forum, last time I looked at the top it said njgunforum.com not guess what kind of pipe this is forum, so please ask all the shooting guns questions you have. 

No matter what you can definitely come out and try. Worst case scenario is you just use it to learn what you need for the next one.

51 minutes ago, louu said:

1 have you shot any competitions? Idpa, uspsa, anything like that? Or watched a bunch of youtube videos? i've only ever shot in courses. a defensive pistol course, and a couple of offensive rifle courses. no. we didn't call people mean names on those. :) never any competitions though. i will check out a couple youtube videos tonight of threeguns though. i have watched some of the guns competitions shows on the outdoors channel, but they seem to have moved those to timeslots when i'm not home.

2 there's a few different divisions, you need to read the rules on the website. I'm not tactical enough to know what an eotec is lol, so I'm guessing it's a red dot, as long as it's not magnified that would put you in limited. The furthest shot is less than 100 yards at huge targets. correct. eotech is a red dot. i have a magnifier for it, but that is easily(as in 3 seconds) removable.

3 Rifle sling is all you need for this match on only 1 stage. Very few people have SG slings yet so I'm probably going to wait till next year for that.

Ask all the questions you have that's what the thread is for. Not to mention this whole forum, last time I looked at the top it said njgunforum.com not guess what kind of pipe this is forum, so please ask all the shooting guns questions you have. 

No matter what you can definitely come out and try. Worst case scenario is you just use it to learn what you need for the next one.

thanks man. i'm gonna be there. will register online later tonight or tomorrow.

now i gotta go buy the right shotgun loads.

9 minutes ago, louu said:

What kind of shells do you need John I have 2 cases of these left 

I'll try to find some decent videos in the next couple of days, I'll post them here. 

::::::: use maybe half (#6, 7.5, or 8) and 20 rounds of slugs. ::::::::::::::: i don't have any of those. i've only got 00buck

33 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

nother question....do most guys tend to bring spares?

Slings? Not sure. 

You don't need anything special, just something that can carry your rifle for 30 second or so. 

Extra guns is up to you, depends on how dependable your guns are. I never brought extras even to big matches. Like Tat said if you need anything someone will loan you one, really good crowd at all 3 gun matches. 

Now to really answer that question... you have to read the rules http://www.lchico5u.com/FNH3G/Rules.pdf 

I'll give you extra credit if you can tell me the rule on switching firearms 

Extra guns is up to you, depends on how dependable your guns are. I never brought extras even to big matches. Like Tat said if you need anything someone will loan you one, really good crowd at all 3 gun matches. 
Now to really answer that question... you have to read the rules http://www.lchico5u.com/FNH3G/Rules.pdf 
I'll give you extra credit if you can tell me the rule on switching firearms 
4.3.1 If a participant's firearm becomes unserviceable, that participant may replace their firearm with
another of a substantially similar model, caliber and sighting system only with the approval of the Range
Master(s).

Basically if your gun goes down you have to stay within the division your shooting so you can't borrow an open gun with an optic if your shooting iron sights or a pump if you semi went down.

Does the approval come from the RO on your squad or the match director ?

only thing i'm seeing so far on switching firearms is that it's gotta be essentially the same thing. and of course the rso must approve such.

WTF???!!! i'm considered a senior if i'm over 55??? dammit. well.....i'm still only 55, so not yet, lololol

1 hour ago, tattooo said:

4.3.1 If a participant's firearm becomes unserviceable, that participant may replace their firearm with
another of a substantially similar model, caliber and sighting system only with the approval of the Range
Master(s).

Basically if your gun goes down you have to stay within the division your shooting so you can't borrow an open gun with an optic if your shooting iron sights or a pump if you semi went down.

Does the approval come from the RO on your squad or the match director ?

Match director. Also you can upgrade but that just bumps you to open division. 

If there is ever any question on any rule either see myself or jeff. I head last match that someone  (yes I know who) got a reshoot due to a squib that was not stopped by the RO. There is no rule set anywhere that allows that.

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

only thing i'm seeing so far on switching firearms is that it's gotta be essentially the same thing. and of course the rso must approve such.

WTF???!!! i'm considered a senior if i'm over 55??? dammit. well.....i'm still only 55, so not yet, lololol

It can be a better gun but that will bump you to open. Not a big deal but yes it has to be approved by the match director. 

You asked earlier about the magnifier on your red dot, did you read and understand the rule on that? Basically if you want to use that set up in Tac Ops (tactical scope) you can as long as the magnifier stays on the rifle for the whole match, yes you can swing it to the side and as long as the magnifier has no aiming reticle in it. If you take it completely off and put it on later or vice versa that is a bump to open. 

Option 2 is leave the magnifier completly off and shoot in the limited division. 

If there is ever any question on any rule either see myself or jeff. I head last match that someone  (yes I know who) got a reshoot due to a squib that was not stopped by the RO. There is no rule set anywhere that allows that.
Cool, thanks for the info Lou

1 hour ago, louu said:

I was the one who got a reshoot at last month's match due to the squib. After the RO had me clear the squib at the safe table, they went and asked the Match Director what to do in this situation. The Match Director alone made the decision to give a reshoot.

-Corey Mulholland

2 hours ago, louu said:

It can be a better gun but that will bump you to open. Not a big deal but yes it has to be approved by the match director. 

You asked earlier about the magnifier on your red dot, did you read and understand the rule on that? Basically if you want to use that set up in Tac Ops (tactical scope) you can as long as the magnifier stays on the rifle for the whole match, yes you can swing it to the side and as long as the magnifier has no aiming reticle in it. If you take it completely off and put it on later or vice versa that is a bump to open. 

Option 2 is leave the magnifier completly off and shoot in the limited division. 

i'm not gonna be competition to anyone, regardless of what class i land in. i'll bring the ar with the eotech, beretta and (don't laugh) my ati shotgun. whatever class those land me in, i'm gonna have fun so it will be......fun.

heck......i ain't even planning on running(if there's place for that per that video)....just gonna walk n take my time. slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. or something like that, lolol

i'm not gonna be competition to anyone, regardless of what class i land in. i'll bring the ar with the eotech, beretta and (don't laugh) my ati shotgun. whatever class those land me in, i'm gonna have fun so it will be......fun.
heck......i ain't even planning on running(if there's place for that per that video)....just gonna walk n take my time. slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. or something like that, lolol
All your goal should be is to have fun, learn and right now just be competitive with yourself trying to do a bit better each stage. Your probably going to shoot better then you think.
I was the one who got a reshoot at last month's match due to the squib. After the RO had me clear the squib at the safe table, they went and asked the Match Director what to do in this situation. The Match Director alone made the decision to give a reshoot.

-Corey Mulholland
I like your honesty Corey.....[emoji106] lol

here we go with another stupid question.

when i drill out of the holster at the range, i've normally got either the paddle tucekd into my waist, or i've got the belt adapter on the same belt that holds my pants up. i use a blackhawk serpa.

for this i was gonna use a dedicated belt on top of my pants belt. been working on setting one up anyway. so far.......

i've got plenty as far as spare mag carriers goes. i can carry 3 or 4(depending on which mag carriers i use) pistol mags. the three would be in a hsgi tripple taco. i can carry at least 2 spare rifle mags on the belt too. unless someone local(as in local to cherry hill area) has some sort of shotshell carrier, i'll only have the ability to carry those in my pocket.

am i over-thinking?