louu

Quinton 3 Gun Sunday September 24th.

9 minutes ago, tattooo said:

All your goal should be is to have fun, learn and right now just be competitive with yourself trying to do a bit better each stage. Your probably going to shoot better then you think.I like your honesty Corey.....emoji106.png lol

that is my only goal. same as when we first got the shop race car to the track. i literally was slower in a 2600# fiberglass wonder than i was in my 3800# mustang gt. then as i gained experience in that car, i got her into the 10's, but was still "the duck" that everyone tried to line up against. didn't matter to me whether or not i took the win light. i was getting off on the adrenaline rush of being shoved into the seat, and going 0-132mph in a tick over 10 seconds.

of course, the day came at a daytime meet(we normally ran the tuesday night gamblers races) that i made it to the first loser position(runner up) i trailered 5 cars that i never EVER thought i'd do that too. 3 of them i tree'd. that just increased the fun. :D

fun is my goal. it's training too. it's moving and shooting. i'll suck. and i'll have a blast at it as i suck, lolol

6 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

here we go with another stupid question.

when i drill out of the holster at the range, i've normally got either the paddle tucekd into my waist, or i've got the belt adapter on the same belt that holds my pants up. i use a blackhawk serpa.

for this i was gonna use a dedicated belt on top of my pants belt. been working on setting one up anyway. so far.......

i've got plenty as far as spare mag carriers goes. i can carry 3 or 4(depending on which mag carriers i use) pistol mags. the three would be in a hsgi tripple taco. i can carry at least 2 spare rifle mags on the belt too. unless someone local(as in local to cherry hill area) has some sort of shotshell carrier, i'll only have the ability to carry those in my pocket.

am i over-thinking?

I have a shotgun shell carrier u could use, but it's on an ELS fork right now. I can try to see if I can put a blade tech teklok attachment on it when I get home to make it universal.

Most guys bring extra gear and would be happy to let you use it. The more common your belt setup is, the easier it will be to borrow gear. A 1.75" Safariland ELS belt or a 1.5" CR Speed or DAA or scuba webbing or similar belt are the most common belt types. 

5 minutes ago, CAM said:

I have a shotgun shell carrier u could use, but it's on an ELS fork right now. I can try to see if I can put a blade tech teklok attachment on it when I get home to make it universal.

Most guys bring extra gear and would be happy to let you use it. The more common your belt setup is, the easier it will be to borrow gear. A 1.75" Safariland ELS belt or a 1.5" CR Speed or DAA or scuba webbing or similar belt are the most common belt types. 

this is what i'm mounting my stuff too right now.....

http://www.unclemikes.com/products/bags-cases/belts/deluxe-duty-belt

i was setting it all up on a utg, but that one won't adjust down to a small enough size to fit me. this one was given to me by a friend. sadly this puppy is 2" according to the site, but i measure 1 7/8 on a tape measure.

John do you have amazon prime? This is a great deal on a good belt

https://www.amazon.com/USPSA-Competition-Shooting-Black-Suggested/dp/B009TRB5HC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505838937&sr=8-1&keywords=Black+scorpion+belt

Here's a video on how to size your belt 

You definitely need a way to carry at least 8 shells on your belt, if you try to load from your pocket or a clay pouch you will time out every stage.

Something on this page will work

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Shell+caddy

thanks man!

i do buy from amazon, but i don't see any way i'll get anything from them in time for this match. i've got my belt pretty decently set up i think. got 3 pistol mags and 3 rifle mags on it. i only had a triple rifle mag pouch, so i gotta go with that.

for the shotgun, i've got an 870 pump that has a 6 shell caddy bolted on the side of it. i can't transfer that to my ati though. i think my mossie(that one's kept at the shop) has an elastic 5 or 6 shell caddy that goes on the buttstock. gonna check that tomorrow. i'd rather use the semi auto, but for my first time out, if i can carry them on the 870, then i'll use that.

also, reading the rules again. shotgun ammo. on quinton's link in the OP, it says #6, 7.5, or 8, plus the slugs. in the rules, it says no bigger than #6 birdshot. i'm going to either dicks sporting goods or bobs little sport shop to grab the shotgun ammo i need, so i wanna be sure on which i can/should be getting.

for pistol and rifle, i can safely presume plain old ball ammo? 

thanks for all the help guys

7 hours ago, tattooo said:

Yep those are perfect for 3gun 7.5 is the most common for shotgun.....rifle and pistol plain ball is fine. If you shoot 9mm try to get 124 grain as the 115 sometimes don't knock the steel plates down.

thanks man. i was gonna ask that about the 9mm, but forgot to type it in

these good to go for slugs? says 1oz rifled, but doesn't say what they're made of. just asking, 'cause i don't wanna be "that guy" that effs up a target, lolol

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/federal-truball-shotgun-ammo--5-slugs-15fedutrbll12g234amo-15fedutrbll12g234amo/15fedutrbll12g234amo

15 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

either i'm being blind.....or there's no registration link on the page in the op?

Your not blind lol, it wasn’t posted.

You can save this link below which is considered the main “Club Page” Quinton 3Gun for Practiscore and all future matches can be found from this link by looking at “Upcoming Matches” section.

https://practiscore.com/clubs/quinton-3-gun-1

You can also always search practiscore also by typing in “Quinton” and seeing all the upcoming matches for the club. 

ok. i had a blast. virtually anyone i spoke to was super helpful. especially that kid(i'm sorry if you're reading this, but i forgot your name) that just started a few months ago, and was videoing his runs. jeff was awesome guiding me when he timed me(don't forget, this is the first time i've attended one of these), and the brothers....tom and bob i think?

i think they will re-define suck thanks to my rifle performance today though, lolol. i'm hesitant to blame the equipment, so i gotta wait till next week to check zero on my dot. i was hitting well with pistol and shotgun, but didn't seem to be hitting much more than the berms with my rifle.

anyway......i'll be there next month. with some adjustments in my equipment. most significantly, i will have some sort of caddy(not the car). my belt setup worked half way decently for me, but without shotshell caddies, i was kinda screwed on shotgun reloads. was reloading from a side cradle and from the sling.

what i feel i may need to do too, is to use a different rifle, as this one is kinda short(still needs to be checked for zero obviously) as when i bought it, its original purpose was cqb/shtf. the 92f ran flawlessly. i'm gonna keep with the 870 for shotty for now....but the front sight released itself from my service. found them online, but gotta buy the whole set for 200 bucks.

louu.....i didn't stop to say hi, 'cause once you finished the briefing, you were looking busier than a one armed paper hanger, and i didn't wanna interfere with your work. thanks for kinda nudging me though. you'll be seeing more of me down there. :)

19 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Thank God.   You finally did a match !!!   I tried to persude you a few years ago.  But congrats.  Glad to see you joined in.  Glad for you.  I wasnt there.  Had to work today.  Next month though. 

i remember ya did. the timelords were just against me back then. :)

i'll see ya next month then sir!

18 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Thank God.   You finally did a match !!!   I tried to persude you a few years ago.  But congrats.  Glad to see you joined in.  Glad for you.  I wasnt there.  Had to work today.  Next month though. 

Work is no excuse for missing 3 gun now drop and give me 20!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

ok. i had a blast. virtually anyone i spoke to was super helpful. especially that kid(i'm sorry if you're reading this, but i forgot your name) that just started a few months ago, and was videoing his runs. jeff was awesome guiding me when he timed me(don't forget, this is the first time i've attended one of these), and the brothers....tom and bob i think?

i think they will re-define suck thanks to my rifle performance today though, lolol. i'm hesitant to blame the equipment, so i gotta wait till next week to check zero on my dot. i was hitting well with pistol and shotgun, but didn't seem to be hitting much more than the berms with my rifle.

anyway......i'll be there next month. with some adjustments in my equipment. most significantly, i will have some sort of caddy(not the car). my belt setup worked half way decently for me, but without shotshell caddies, i was kinda screwed on shotgun reloads. was reloading from a side cradle and from the sling.

what i feel i may need to do too, is to use a different rifle, as this one is kinda short(still needs to be checked for zero obviously) as when i bought it, its original purpose was cqb/shtf. the 92f ran flawlessly. i'm gonna keep with the 870 for shotty for now....but the front sight released itself from my service. found them online, but gotta buy the whole set for 200 bucks.

louu.....i didn't stop to say hi, 'cause once you finished the briefing, you were looking busier than a one armed paper hanger, and i didn't wanna interfere with your work. thanks for kinda nudging me though. you'll be seeing more of me down there. :)

If you need any gear like she'll caddies just ask. Most guys have extra, I always Hava a couple extra in my bag. 

5 hours ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

Great match, Lou!!!

We had a fantastic time and hope to take the trek down again sometime.    

Sorry we couldn't make it early enough to help set up, but leaving at 5:30am just to get there for registration was already pushin' it!

I'm so glad youze guys came down, it's been a while since I got to break Fil's balls. Hope all of you can make it again next month. Also hope I can get some sleep next time so Fil and I can go head to head. Yesterday was the worst I ever shot in a long time, felt like a drunk zombie out there lol. If you come down again let me know ahead of time so we can squad together, Fil has my number feel free to get it from him. 

3 hours ago, louu said:

If you need any gear like she'll caddies just ask. Most guys have extra, I always Hava a couple extra in my bag. 

that's one of the things i'll have on hand when i come next month. i'm gonna "ghetto" myself a gun cart from a jogging stroller. :)

16 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Lou. Question.  At the 100. I cant remember.  But can we use slings?  

If I don't write "off hand" in the stage description then yes but I usually do. The definition of offhand is standing unsupported. Also I almost always make the start position port arms so you would probably waste alot of time going from port arms to slung up if I forgot to write offhand. 

It's really an easy shot, it's less than 100 yards and the targets are huge. I think they are 10 or 12 inch. It's all in your head man. 

1 hour ago, Golf battery said:

Ltcap. Check out the stoger mk3 for sale in the for sale section.  Its all you.  

just saw it. thanks man!

also....as i mentioned before, i'm gonna "ghetto" myself a cart. just got a jogging stroller for 60 bucks....now just need the supports for the rifles, and i'll be set. and it's got......cup holders!!!!! :)

WOOHOO!!!!!!

i had exactly TWO goals at this shoot. well.....three....

1) most importantly, 'cause screwing this one up screws up EVERYones time, as well as making 2 and 3 impossible to do.......be safe. i was successful.

2) have fun. i literally had a blast. it might sound stupid, but there was a lot to take in in-between shooting. i was successful. 

3) not come in last. i figured if i could at least not come in in last place, i accomplished something besides learning. i'm happy to say upon looking at the scores, i wasn't last place!!  i was awful dam close, but i wasn't. :D

now.....if anyone's got the time......can you explain to a noob how to actually read that scoring? or point said noob in the direction to read how to read it?

now that i got a groovy/cool new shottie....i should  be able to improve by at least one place. and to add to the cool factor, i ain't tuckin' my hair up under my cap next month. ha!