antimatter

The dreaded 3rd permit syndrome...

Like most, i did 3 permits.   

1.  PPQ 5"  
2.  Taurus Model 85 
3.  TBD....

i pretty much have all the bases covered,  Plastic, steel,  2 1911's and a couple revolvers now.  But I came across another Taurus (PT111) that is on sale and seems to get very good reviews as of late.  
for 199 i think it may be worth a try.   Anyone handle one?  

cheers
AM

My issue is the dreaded 4th permit syndrome. No way to complete exactly 90 days so guaranteed to extend for another 90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.  PPQ 5"  
2.  Taurus Model 85 
3.  TBD....
i pretty much have all the bases covered,  Plastic, steel,  2 1911's and a couple revolvers now.  But I came across another Taurus (PT111) that is on sale and seems to get very good reviews as of late.  
for 199 i think it may be worth a try.   Anyone handle one?  

cheers
AM

How's about a CZ75 or SP01

14 minutes ago, My1stGlock said:

My issue is the dreaded 4th permit syndrome. No way to complete exactly 90 days so guaranteed to extend for another 90.

I already have a Jericho 941 (baby eagle)  same gun.  besides, i broke the budget with the PPQ.  this is kinda the throw away permit. 

6 hours ago, antimatter said:

I already have a Jericho 941 (baby eagle)  same gun.  besides, i broke the budget with the PPQ.  this is kinda the throw away permit. 

Don't buy something that you are not gonna shoot. If anything just let it expire and write it off as a cup of coffee.

How about a nice .22LR Target pistol? Ruger Mark series or S&W Victory or even a Browning Buckmark?

I got 3 and used one for a sig, one for a CZ and was gonna let the 3rd expire since there wasn't anything else I wanted... until I found a limited run CZ on the CZ forums (48 hours after getting the other CZ) and when I PM'd the seller..... he just so happened to be from NJ.

At that point I knew it was meant to be so I'll end up using all 3 lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, antimatter said:

1.  PPQ 5"  
2.  Taurus Model 85 
3.  TBD....

12 hours ago, My1stGlock said:

CZ is a great choice, But based on current trajectory it will be a hi point :)

• Like 1

Third permit syndrome is rough...Last time I suffered from it I nearly threw the last permit away on something that was just OK...A couple days later a new CZ PCR showed up at my LGS and I gladly used my 3rd! Can't go wrong with CZ! This one happens to be one of my favorite...

1 hour ago, Matroskin said:

So two weeks left for 3rd permit, I don't want to spend 700-800 for ppq q5, blew my budget on cajunazing my CZ. what do you guys think about used g26 (already have g19) or taurus pt111 g2 for $250

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What did you do to the CZ I just picked one up and hate the trigger, my baby eagle/Jericho is dam nice trigger not sure whats up with this one.. definitely looking to do trigger work on the CZ. 

What did you do to the CZ I just picked one up and hate the trigger, my baby eagle/Jericho is dam nice trigger not sure whats up with this one.. definitely looking to do trigger work on the CZ. 

Had the same problem.
the first thing I did, was dry fire + live fire around 500 rounds.
Second was cleaning, not the standard fields strip but I sprayed WD 40 inside the lower and sear cage and let it stand for 2 minutes and then blew it with compressor and lightly oiled it. You won’t believe how much gunk came out.
So #2 made HUGE difference , really.
Other upgrades were done After I shoot a few matches with this gun. I replaced the sights for Dawson FO (now I’m not sure that was the best choice) and installed short trigger reset kit, SRS1, it reduces the reset 50% on average, allowing faster following shot.
Another recommendation is reduced weight hammer spring, it’s part of the SRS kit and it gives match better feeling to a DA trigger pull.
Almost forgot, I also installed new less curved trigger 85c.

I did all the work myself, it took 2 hours for everything. it’s really not that hard after watching videos from YouTube.

2 hours ago, Matroskin said:

So two weeks left for 3rd permit, I don't want to spend 700-800 for ppq q5, blew my budget on cajunazing my CZ. what do you guys think about used g26 (already have g19) or taurus pt111 g2 for $250

How about a 43 to go with that 19?

33 minutes ago, Matroskin said:

Never tried it, g26 came up because it can use same magazine as g19

True, and you can get the sleeves for the mags to make the grip longer. I had a 26.4. Great gun and I shot it great too. But after getting the 43 i saw no real place for it anymore. Thd 43 is also a great little shooter.  

21 minutes ago, Matroskin said:

Is anyone selling it used?

I don't have one to sell used, but I'm selling a Glock pistol prize certificate for $380 (they're transferrable, Glock includes the transfer form with the certificate).  

You'd need an FFL to forward the paperwork to Glock, then wait for the gun to be shipped back, so it takes time to receive the pistol, but the price is hard to beat, and the certificate is good for anything Glock makes (with a small upcharge for the G4/G5's, and a larger upcharge for the MOS or longslide models).   

I'd be willing to meet at the FFL doing the transfer (if in northern NJ) to sell the certificate and you can initiate the transfer from there.

I don't have one to sell used, but I'm selling a Glock pistol prize certificate for $380 (they're transferrable, Glock includes the transfer form with the certificate).  

You'd need an FFL to forward the paperwork to Glock, then wait for the gun to be shipped back, so it takes time to receive the pistol, but the price is hard to beat, and the certificate is good for anything Glock makes (with a small upcharge for the G4/G5's, and a larger upcharge for the MOS or longslide models).   

I'd be willing to meet at the FFL doing the transfer (if in northern NJ) to sell the certificate and you can initiate the transfer from there.

Do you have several of these certificates or just one? I'd be interested one also. I may need to understand a bit more but I'm definitely interested, sounds like a good deal.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk