DirtyDigz

Mystery tubes in garage in new home

I think they are electrical conduits for underground service. Lot of contractors may put extras in for cable service, etc.

Not to worry. Its a good thing.

Take a cap off and look fown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The 2 small have copper fittings. I dunno. One don't look big enough for a drain. If water, I'd think all pvc. )scratching head and getting splinters under my nails(
Still thinking for electrical services. Low and high voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never seen water/drain pipes made from conduit. Looks like an old service or a sub panel. The larger pipe was probably the service lines and the small conduit probably feed outside electric. Definitely not water pipes, unless it was a DIY/homeowner with no clue what he/she was doing.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Original electrical service

Edit that, it's too low.  It's electric, just don't know what for.  I need more info

I know, right. Could be sink, or they cut down the conduits. The plywood nailer is low. Which is weird, cause you don't rilly need that for plumbing. 

Bomb shelter, air filtration system!

looks like EMT compression couplings on rigid conduit.  Electrical. 

But the way they're spaced sure looks like two plumbing supply lines and a drain.  The larger pipe is too far from the wall to feed a long forgotten electrical panel.

I vote electrical or plumbing or natural gas or something else.

Take the plastic caps off of the big line and take another photo so we can see the metal fitting better.  If it was an old sink, the larger, drain line won't be under pressure.  Of course, turn the fitting slowly.  If it's something else, you want to be able to tignten it back up before you flood the garage. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Those are not water lines, please people.   Stop suggesting things that you don't know.

Or gas either. 

I was thinking maybe there was a generator on the other side of that wall and they took it with them.