DirtyDigz

Mystery tubes in garage in new home

9 hours ago, gun594 said:

For the wiring of a sprinkler system.

That was what I was going to suggest.  There is no way those are plumbing.  Even if the two on the right were hot and cold water the one on the left is too small to be a drain pipe.

I would guess the larger one was the electrical feed to some panel most likely where the plywood is and the two smaller ones went out to the circuits.  Likely they fed two different solenoids for a sprinkler system.

Wow, this is way better than a typical "found an old safe/trap door" in the new house threads.
I did remove the plastic caps last night and

Call Sam and Dean Winchester. You just released the Darkness. Maybe Castiel can help too. ;)
  • Like 2

48 posts... 2 following the thread... and now there's bitter in-fighting as some of you struggle to claim the title of "World Champion Supreme Solver of the Pipe Mystery". :facepalm:

Damn, I should just string together a completely unrelated pile of pipes, gears and wires against my basement wall, post the pic on here and say, "Gee, boys... what ever could THIS be?" I do believe your heads would explode!  :icon_e_biggrin:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

48 posts... 2 following the thread... and now there's bitter in-fighting as some of you struggle to claim the title of "World Champion Supreme Solver of the Pipe Mystery". :facepalm:

Damn, I should just string together a completely unrelated pile of pipes, gears and wires against my basement wall, post the pic on here and say, "Gee, boys... what ever could THIS be?" I do believe your heads would explode!  :icon_e_biggrin:

Throw in bacon!!!! Please throw in bacon!!!

its the best vegetable 

6 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Throw in bacon!!!! Please throw in bacon!!!

its the best vegetable 

See? You haven't even seen the picture yet... and already you're working on a theory... some kind of industrial bacon-cooker!

• Like 1

Hey, ya gonna give credit to folks, give it to the correct folks. No second place trophies.
....and may sounds like a visit from the feds too look at what you tied together, may be an order. Careful what you play with in your basement.
[emoji23][emoji37]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

You know how men are. We're always obsessed with out pipe.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Do it. I double dog dare you...

• Like 1

On 9/15/2017 at 2:41 PM, bhunted said:

I think they are electrical conduits for underground service. Lot of contractors may put extras in for cable service, etc.

Not to worry. Its a good thing.

Take a cap off and look fown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stand corrected, you said "Think".  I was certain the pipes where electrical. 

I win

• Like 1

On 9/15/2017 at 2:46 PM, bhunted said:

The 2 small have copper fittings. I dunno. One don't look big enough for a drain. If water, I'd think all pvc. )scratching head and getting splinters under my nails(
Still thinking for electrical services. Low and high voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More evidence of me being right.  The fittings aren't copper, they are galvanized steel.  The caps are plastic.  

It's a shoemaker job how the pipes ( One is a 1 inch line, the 2 others are 1/2 inch) where covered and the wires where left like that.  The scrapper in me, and @junkmanted, would have pulled them out if possible.

4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Tie

I said electric.  I win!  

• Like 1