DirtyDigz

Mystery tubes in garage in new home

I said electric.  I win!  

Oh stfu ya whiner. If you knew, your first post rather than say, blah blah, what no one knows about, should have said so from the get go. But your short, usually confusing replies disqualifies you. Neener neener.

PS: There are 2 copper fittings on the small ones. A real goldberg. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They absolutely could be water lines for the "experts". They could be lead water lines and galvanized drain line. However they are capped with what looks to be electrical fittings, but the light grey could be Schedule 80 PVC. It is a mechanical joint. Unscrew it and see if there is wire inside.

Edit: Late to the party. I see it was unscrewed and they were electric. It would have been unlikely the Black plastic caps would have held back water.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, capt14k said:

They absolutely could be water lines for the "experts". They could be lead water lines and galvanized drain line. However they are capped with what looks to be electrical fittings, but the light grey could be Schedule 80 PVC. It is a mechanical joint. Unscrew it and see if there is wire inside.

Edit: Late to the party. I see it was unscrewed and they were electric. It would have been unlikely the Black plastic caps would have held back water.

No, the picture cleary shows galvanized electrical pipes.  So, the "experts" where correct.  

• Like 2

No, the picture cleary shows galvanized electrical pipes.  So, the "experts" where correct.  

Think he meant to say that sometimes, people do odd stuff on their own... like use pipe that isn't rated for pressure on a water line. There is a few neighborhoods in Toms River with blue poly water lines, which the poly is not a size that any fitting works with. Very thin walls, so I'm guessing a contractor got ahold of some underground conduit... and rigged up some water lines prior to inspections being as important. Solution for that... shove 3/4" poly through it and connect. At least it is now sleeved. [emoji106]

I've seen people use gas pipe thread protectors as couplings, and wonder why they bottomed out the threads on the pipe (looser threads). When someone that doesn't know what they are doing decides they want to do something themselves, instead of hiring someone who know what they are doing... the sky is the limit.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Screwball said:

Think he meant to say that sometimes, people do odd stuff on their own... like use pipe that isn't rated for pressure on a water line.

People do do odd stuff on their own but given the picture we were originally shown, I knew it to be what I said it was.   The pipes where galvanized, had electrical couplings and where bent using a pipe bender.

So, in conclusion, I was right.  Yet again.   

3 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

People do do odd stuff on their own but given the picture we were originally shown, I knew it to be what I said it was.   The pipes where galvanized, had electrical couplings and where bent using a pipe bender.

So, in conclusion, I was right.  Yet again.   

Blah, you waxed and wained