tuktuk

Blast shield for PWS brake...

I remembered. 

I attempted to install the Griffin Blastshield on 2 different PWS FSC556 comps - an early one and a second gen (not the newest one, but the second iteration of the gen 1).

It would not go on the original version at all. I could install it on the later model, but there was a lot of play. I wouldn’t trust it.

I’m gonna say the Griffin is a no go.

I remembered. 
I attempted to install the Griffin Blastshield on 2 different PWS FSC556 comps - an early one and a second gen (not the newest one, but the second iteration of the gen 1).
It would not go on the original version at all. I could install it on the later model, but there was a lot of play. I wouldn’t trust it.
I’m gonna say the Griffin is a no go.

Doesn’t it require special spacers or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think one has a crush washer and the other is shimmed.
But that shouldn’t matter for the blast shield.

Reason I asked, you mention the one was loose. I thought I read somewhere, each required their special bushing/washer.

The shield was loose, the brakes were perfectly rock solid.

I was referring to their shields in order to be universal with any brakes. Let me find the article.

From GA:

The Griffin QD Blast Shield is compatible with our line of SDQD mounts in 7.62 and 5.56mm, Including the Flash Comp, Muzzle Brake, Linear Comp, Compensating Flash Hider, and Tactical Compensator. It is also compatible with A2 Compensators that fall within the USGI A2 spec blueprinted dimensions. Although many companies manufacture A2 style compensators not all of them are dimensioned properly.

****Not Compatible with BCM, BCE or PWS muzzle devices. ****

Also, No good for us NJers that are pinned. Would require special stop on every gun too.

Indian Creek seems to have similar idea.

http://www.indiancreekdesigninc.com/

I should fit on any muzzle device that accepts a USGI BFA. 

This is getting difficult. Go back and read your message #12 and reread from there.You’ll see why I responded the way I did.
Did you even read my last post? 🤨[emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did read your post. All of them.

The Griffin Blast Shield does not require a special stop on each gun. 

This blast shield is designed to attach to the same mounting lugs you would use to mount a USGI BFA.

Any gun that has a muzzle device with mil-spec BFA mounting grooves will accept this blast shield.

It is perfectly fine for us in NJ if you have muzzle devices that are compatible with USGI BFAs.

You do NOT need shims, washers, or any other kind of spacers or timing devices to mount this blast shield on properly installed compatible muzzle device.

The blast shield was loose because it did not fit properly on the Gen 2 PWS FSC552. It has nothing to do with special blast shield specific stoppers, shims, etc....

• Like 1

Was referring to these. Evidently I read it wrong and needed for silencer.
b91d9c2fca618c4fe2c32716c73b1824.jpeg

Zeke, you done sucking on people’s balls yet? [emoji848]

Btw, it says no go for pws unless I read it wrong again. My NJ comment was because you’d have to remove brake to put these on.