vladtepes

Stolen Saiga 12 Recovered

As some of you are aware my Saiga 12 was stolen..

Well good news.. I don't have the gun in hand yet.. but it was recovered, and shipped up to the police in PA.. I am going to pick it up Sunday. 
As far as I know it is untouched and in the same condition as when I sent it.. 

I do not know the complete details, but I will tell you what I know.. 

I sent the gun to Jack Travers to have a magazine well installed.. 
At some point he pawned the gun
Some time after that he ended up having "medical issues" and is now so bad off he is not in a position to be prosecuted
Some time after that the sheriffs department in his area was able to recover the gun and shipped it to a PD in PA for return

There are tons of other sketchy details.. but they are for the most part hearsay, and I am not interested in relaying things I can not confirm.. I am only putting his name out there so that IF he recovers.. people know what I just went through.. 

several months of waiting.. a bunch of wasted money.. only to basically have it stolen..  

There were a lot of locals that I reached out to that helped me a ton.. along with the sheriffs department.. I met a lot of good people.. that helped fix a real bad situation.. 

I am very appreciative to have my gun back to me..

• Like 6

20 hours ago, vladtepes said:

There were a lot of locals that I reached out to that helped me a ton.. along with the sheriffs department.. I met a lot of good people.. that helped fix a real bad situation.. 

So on the downside, you lost faith in one person.  On the upside, you gained faith in several others.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

glad it's home.

in cases like these....what happens to the pawn shop that bought it? what happens to the customer that may have bought it from the pawn shop?

The pawn shop and end purchaser could go after the guy that pawned it on a civil level to try to recover the money lost.

But in this case the guy is in really bad health, possibly dying.. and doesn't have a cent to his name.. so even if a judgment was awarded the people that sued wouldn't get a dime.. 

to put it in perspective the scumbag pawned my gun for $250, actually he pawned it not sold it.. so the pawnshop isn't out a dime.. because that would have had to of been paid when the gun was picked up out of pawn 

11 hours ago, PK90 said:

The Pawn Shop would have paid the $250 to the guy when he pawned it, so they would be out the money? Or did you pay it to get your gun?

The FFL pawned the gun for $250 so at that point they had the gun and FFL had $250
FFL then gave (sold?) the pawn ticket to another person "person x"

Person X then took the ticket to the shop and picked up the gun, at which point he would have had to give the $250 back to the shop to get the gun out of pawn

So at the end of this transaction person X is out whatever he paid the FFL for the ticket (if anything), and the $250 he gave the shop to get the gun out of pawn.

the whole situation is literally as shady as possible