Sign in to follow this  
Pizza Bob

Trijicon RX30

Opinions please: I have been offered the above-titled optic, used for $250. I was surprised that, with my astigmatism, the dot did not distort and remained clearly defined - this is a big plus with me. The price seems more than fair, but I am not sure of the age of the optic. That becomes important because of the use of tritium (in conjunction with fiber optics) to power the reticle. Trijicon guarantees (to the original owner) the tritium for 15 years - but as far as I can see, once it deteriorates the sight is a throw-away. In answer to a FAQ on their website they state that the reticle can be changed, but that it costs more than a new sight.

So what say you? Buy? Pass? Is there a way to establish age?

Thanks for any help/opinions offered.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Can't remember the release date. I want to say 2011ish. Giving it six years or so, you still have nine or so to go. They go for ever $600 or so. I've had Trij that last longer than 13-15 years. I guess for $250 or so may not be too bad. Maybe get him down to 200 unless Trij says its old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro