stuckinNJ

It's over in Ramsey: Application for new range is withdrawn

was looking forward to a range 10 mins from me but honestly the vetting to use the place was gonna be worse than an international TSA flight and wasnt happy about that- mental health/ criminal background check, competency check, written and physical safety tests?!  And that wasnt even good enough for the antis, was seeing the no gun range lawn signs popping up thru Ramsey, probly didnt make business sense any more having to foot all the legal fees and time wasted.

46 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

They should just come over here and open up in Wayne.  The new range here was recently approved with hardly a whimper from the opposition.  

Oh they're still whimpering...

https://patch.com/new-jersey/wayne/shooting-range-danger-community-gun-opponents-say

Political Candidates Speak Out Against Wayne Gun Range

Legislative candidates say there are not sufficient precautions in place to protect people from those who would use the range.

12 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

Oh they're still whimpering...

https://patch.com/new-jersey/wayne/shooting-range-danger-community-gun-opponents-say

Political Candidates Speak Out Against Wayne Gun Range

Legislative candidates say there are not sufficient precautions in place to protect people from those who would use the range.

Remember - Confiscate Confiscate confiscate....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, xtreme381 said:

I would love someone to open one in or near Union County. In fact there is an empty Pathmark/Foodtown grocery store in Garwood on South Ave. Every time I drive by I think it would be a perfect spot for a new range.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RTSP is opening a range on Rt. 22 in Union!  Planning Board already approved it!  Existing building will be turned into an indoor range :) .

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

RTSP is opening a range on Rt. 22 in Union!  Planning Board already approved it!  Existing building will be turned into an indoor range :) .

RTSP is the backing?  Is this the range planned for the old Petsmart, behind Harbor Freight?    I guess that they will have similair rules and fees then.

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

Interesting article.  I should have known that anti-2A people never acquiesce quietly.  

And they consider it a "loophole" that people can exercise their 2A right? 

I found that to be the most absurd part of the argument.  The "loophole" does NOTHING more than allow people to rent a gun and shoot it at a range!!!  They can't bring it home, or take it off premises in any way, so how the hell is it even an issue????

RTSP is opening a range on Rt. 22 in Union!  Planning Board already approved it!  Existing building will be turned into an indoor range [emoji4] .
You just made my year! I'm a member there and the drive to Randolph to shoot is an all day affair.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xtreme381 said:

You just made my year! I'm a member there and the drive to Randolph to shoot is an all day affair.

You're quite welcome.  We (Coalition of NJ Firearm Owners) received verbal confirmation from a full-time RTSP employee at last weeks' Coalition meeting held at RTSP in Randolph.  Like us on Facebook to get the latest up-to-date stories & info from around the state :)  http://www.facebook.com/cnjfo .

• Like 1

On 9/19/2017 at 2:03 PM, Smokin .50 said:

I went by there today and nothing has changed. If it's already approved, what are they waiting for? 

28 minutes ago, falcone said:

I went by there today and nothing has changed. If it's already approved, what are they waiting for? 

Construction permits, contractors, materials, etc.

6 minutes ago, aguilar64 said:

ROFL that's so wrong.