Sign in to follow this  
bishop4142

Friendly towns in north and Central jersey

I'm in Raritan twp (Flemington). It's been awhile since I've got pistol permits but they usually took 3 weeks. 

Address change for FID took 3 days!

Clinton Twp and Franklin twp (pittstown) are also a very pro 2a 

Wayne is very good. Close to gun for hire if your into going there and about 30 min to cherry ridge if you're a member. Wayne just approved a permit for a new indoor gun range last week. My last pistol permits took me 9 days to get. 

8 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Nice Nick.  Now you just need landscaping.  

Too late to plant shrubs and stuff I think.  I've been laying down seed/fertilizer/etc.  I'll till out the area between the walkway and the house and mulch it down and add some shrubs/etc.

My town is nice. (WOODLAND PARK)...Permits are usually done less than a month. Prob is my detective is overwhelmed with them. Piles of them 2’ high. He can’t keep up and he does them himself. Biggest effing tie up is they still need to be typed.

He said NJSP was suppose to release a paperless system. They’d process them, you’d go to store and buy whatever and the seller just looks up your records and viola. But they keep putting it off.

I volunteered to type them out twice a month and even would work just for free lunch. He just laughed. Oh well. I tried. Guess he can’t afford steak sandwiches. He knows me too well. Lol. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I get that all else equal you would never voluntarily pick a town that is outright firearm biased.  Because your enjoyment would be stifled.  But I think for longer term happiness you should be thinking about the town taxes as percentage of cost of house first and then the permits to concur yours plans or not.   If youre rich and it doesn't matter, then you might not care.   

Berkeley Heights is pretty quick as well.  The usual caveats apply:
person running the firearms department (good guy right now)
if everyone is back from their vacations
state police not being morons with their bit.

I've had permits come back in 14 days.  I've had permits take 3 months.  Generally they get done pretty quickly.

That being said if I were going to move, it would be out of the state, not in-state.

2 hours ago, Barms said:

I get that all else equal you would never voluntarily pick a town that is outright firearm biased.  Because your enjoyment would be stifled.  But I think for longer term happiness you should be thinking about the town taxes as percentage of cost of house first and then the permits to concur yours plans or not.   If youre rich and it doesn't matter, then you might not care.   

I picked Bridgewater with 2A as a factor (as my range is also in Bridgewater) - however it wasn't the only one.  Good schools, Decent commute, semi-sane property taxes, close to lots of stuff...

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 3:08 PM, bhunted said:

My town is nice. (WOODLAND PARK)...Permits are usually done less than a month. Prob is my detective is overwhelmed with them. Piles of them 2’ high. He can’t keep up and he does them himself. Biggest effing tie up is they still need to be typed.

He said NJSP was suppose to release a paperless system. They’d process them, you’d go to store and buy whatever and the seller just looks up your records and viola. But they keep putting it off.

I volunteered to type them out twice a month and even would work just for free lunch. He just laughed. Oh well. I tried. Guess he can’t afford steak sandwiches. He knows me too well. Lol. emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NJSP has a template for computers to print permits and FID cards on a printer, so tell your town to get that from them.

• Like 1