Zeke

Cz o/u

Just now, High Exposure said:

VladG has a semi-auto Stoeger that runs like a striped ass ape. By all accounts he has been very pleased.

Ya, but this about o/u and not citori...

12 minutes ago, fishnut said:

I was looking for a used citori but got a good deal on a slightly used Winchester and have been very happy with it. 

Ugg.

I have the CZ Teal O/U in 12ga.  I've put several hundred rounds through mine.  I'm happy with the gun but it's a good $600 gun, not a $2,000 gun.  The only complaint I have is the trigger reset is longer than I would like.  I have had several occasions where I've pulled the trigger for a rapid second shot and got nothing.  I hadn't let the trigger come forward far enough to reset for the second shot.

I also made two very minor alterations to mine.  I drilled and tapped the rib for a mid bead and stamped a "T" and "B" next to the barrel selector since I can never remember if left is top or left is bottom.

That said, for the price, I would not hesitate to buy one again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, maintenanceguy said:

I have the CZ Teal O/U in 12ga.  I've put several hundred rounds through mine.  I'm happy with the gun but it's a good $600 gun, not a $2,000 gun.  The only complaint I have is the trigger reset is longer than I would like.  I have had several occasions where I've pulled the trigger for a rapid second shot and got nothing.  I hadn't let the trigger come forward far enough to reset for the second shot.

I also made two very minor alterations to mine.  I drilled and tapped the rib for a mid bead and stamped a "T" and "B" next to the barrel selector since I can never remember if left is top or left is bottom.

suppose to stamp with O and U, lol t&b.

27 minutes ago, maintenanceguy said:

Thank you!!

The CZ was on my short list when looking for an O/U. It's a nice looking gun. Did a lot of research and reading with reviews being 50/50. Some words of wisdom I heard were "buy once, cry once". "You get what you pay for". " And buy what you like as long as it's one of the 3 B's."

Ended up getting a Browning Cynergy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tony13 said:

The CZ was on my short list when looking for an O/U. It's a nice looking gun. Did a lot of research and reading with reviews being 50/50. Some words of wisdom I heard were "buy once, cry once". "You get what you pay for". " And buy what you like as long as it's one of the 3 B's."

Ending up getting a Browning Cynergy.

Lol. I fully understand what you're saying, but.

well she has her own card, I'm jus trying help... me

2 hours ago, High Exposure said:

@Vlad G has a semi-auto Stoeger that runs like a striped ass ape. By all accounts he has been very pleased.

And just how does a striped ass ape run, @High Exposure??

16 minutes ago, Zeke said:

This is @Displaced Texan fault 

And it ain't gonna be my gun

MY fault??!!! How is it MY fault that YOUR wife liked my shotgun?? 

Bahahaha!!

• Like 2

On 9/19/2017 at 8:06 PM, fishnut said:

If your looking at Winchester 101 stick with the newer FN made ones. The older ones are heavy thumpers recoil wise. 

Hey!  I love mine!  (the older ones)

(actually an Xpert 96, but the same thing w/o the scrollwork-made by Olin-Kodensha in the late 70s - early 80s)

But, then again, I am not particularly recoil-shy.

Actually, if you're looking for a nice 'do everything' shotgun at a nice price, Jon (the other Jon, not me :) ) is selling a s&w model 1000 semi auto on here right now

If I was looking for a first shotgun....I'd be talking to Jon

Edit - I have a hunting friend who has one as a Mossberg ... its the same shotgun, made by Howa in Japan.  He is tough on his one and only shotgun, going out in the salt marshes for goose as well as chasing deer with my bunch. He's been shooting this one gun for 20 plus years, and it shows the use and abuse....but he just cleans/oils it occasionally, and it keeps shooting.