Mrs. Peel

Suppressed Muzzle Loader... Legal in all 50 States

Did anyone else see this? Very clever. SilencerCo has leveraged a legal loophole with the creation of a muzzle loader with integral suppressor that is LEGAL in all 50 states - no permit needed, no wait time, etc. - due to the fact that muzzle loaders are not defined as "firearms" under the current law. I have to chuckle that they came up with this idea.... I guess it's true: adversity is the mother of invention! Here's the link:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/09/jeremy-s/silencerco-maxim-50-suppressed-muzzleloader-no-nfa-tax-wait-50-state-legal/ 

Actually I'm appalled at the company for even engineering this POS!  It brings a magnifying glass & the opinion of every 2-bit hack on the internet to write about the laws being skirted, and muzzleloaders not being considered firearms.  It's like leaving a dirty diaper on Main Street.  Everybody sees it, and now someone has to "clean it up"!  WTF!  What if the BATF&E comes out with a proposal to recognize muzzleloaders as firearms, citing NJ law as an example??  This sort of notoriety we don't need IMHO!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JayWilling said:

They just announced on their website no sales to NJ, Mass, and CA pending legal action.

Good old NJ

There was an article that mentioned that those states were challenging the legality. I don't have a link tho

2 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Actually I'm appalled at the company for even engineering this POS!  It brings a magnifying glass & the opinion of every 2-bit hack on the internet to write about the laws being skirted, and muzzleloaders not being considered firearms.  It's like leaving a dirty diaper on Main Street.  Everybody sees it, and now someone has to "clean it up"!  WTF!  What if the BATF&E comes out with a proposal to recognize muzzleloaders as firearms, citing NJ law as an example??  This sort of notoriety we don't need IMHO!

If they haven't redefined them based on NY, CA congressional reps and the former mayor daley crying about the "blackpowder loophole", while Obama was in charge of them, then I doubt they will change much. 

Them deciding the internals of such a thing are suppressor parts and thus restricted seems much more feasible. 

16 hours ago, raz-0 said:

If they haven't redefined them based on NY, CA congressional reps and the former mayor daley crying about the "blackpowder loophole", while Obama was in charge of them, then I doubt they will change much. 

Them deciding the internals of such a thing are suppressor parts and thus restricted seems much more feasible. 

Great point Matt!  Maybe too big a can 'o worms!

On 9/21/2017 at 3:08 PM, Smokin .50 said:

You're my favorite Rosie! How did I miss this comment! LMAO! :)