George Yetka

Oaks Guntoberfest

It's a fun show. I usually end up walking out with nothing or almost nothing since I can buy most everything there online for less money. Vendors are large and small. Many local and some not so local.

I would go if I were you. Experience it for yourself and decide if you will want to go again in the future. They have several a year.

On 9/26/2017 at 9:28 PM, carl_g said:

There is this short Italian dude that sells BBQ sauce usually across from the pickle guy. It's good stuff check it out! JTM BBQ.

I have a real problem with that JTM guy......He does not sell his sauce by the gallon! That is some GREAT sauce!:)

• Like 1

I have a tip for anyone wanting to get a deal at the show.  This is a general rule for any type of expo show.  The best finds and deals are found and made during the first two hours of the show and the last two hours of the show.  You have to be first in line every day.

Is there a day that has more vendors?

Depends on the show... people show up on Friday of the three day shows, but hours are 1PM to 8PM. People with 9-5 jobs may stop in after 5PM, but most wait for the weekend. For vendors, it depends on how far they are going, and what their responsibilities are (lot of sellers have shops, so if you can’t get coverage, have to close, load, and drive to Oaks).

Saturday is usually the biggest day. Depending on how Saturday goes for vendors is how well Sunday is. Crazy busy, and vendors sell out, they leave on Sunday. Dead, it depends on what/how much they want to sell if they decide to stay... or they cut their losses and leave. Middle of the road, a decent Sunday. Talk to the vendors as you walk around, and you’ll get an idea of the show by your third aisle.

Even though Eagle Arms says X amount of tables, you never see that across the entire weekend. I remember going to one of their large shows, and they had all the rooms open... and were pretty full (plus that one by entrance near BJ’s was a high end antique room). Went to the same show, with same table estimates, the following year... only two rooms open, with a lot of empty space). Two day shows usually are dead, but I’ve seen three days just as dead.

I tend to go on Sundays, as you do see people coming down on prices (not common, but some do so they don’t take stuff home; I make note of those guys, and return again when I need something like ammo). Don’t get me wrong, I’ll buy something if I need it, but buying online means I don’t have to lug whatever it is around the entire show... so I’m more likely to buy if they say $40 for my $42 ammo purchase (and if I look at Cabela’s, I’m usually a little higher if someone knocks a few dollars off). But you also see less vendors, as some say the hell with it and get out before the rush after the show.

Before leaving, WaWa, Wendy’s, or Buffalo Wild Wings right by the exit to the road back towards King of Prussia. Used to be a nice burger place (Max & Erma’s) inside that mall/shopping complex, but closed up. Oh, and don’t follow the directions your GPS gives you. When you get off 422, it tells you to turn left down Mill Rd. Always a pain, as people never know exactly where to go. Go up to the following light, and turn left on Station Ave. You’ll go along Lowe’s and BJ’s, go through an odd four-way stop (keep right, left turn only lane into stores), and you come right up to the expo center (on left, after the unpaved gravel parking lot). No exit to 422 by The Dump (furniture store), so need to go back out to Egypt Rd to leave.

• Like 1

Hey whats the deal with ccw there, didnt see anything on the website but read on pafoa that you can carry to, declare, ubload and they ziptie ya and then youre in the clear. Can someone confirm?

Ive been trying to enjoy my time out of nj to the fullest...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SuRrEaLNJ said:

Hey whats the deal with ccw there, didnt see anything on the website but read on pafoa that you can carry to, declare, ubload and they ziptie ya and then youre in the clear. Can someone confirm?

Ive been trying to enjoy my time out of nj to the fullest...

I carried there a couple of times. There are cops at the front door that ask no questions. You hand then the weapon and they put a zip tie through the action for safety. I carry concealed with my NH non res almost every time I go to PA. I use my FL permit for Delaware. You will be surprised to see all the people who carry and declare at the Oaks Show. CCW is normal and respected in PA!

14 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I carried there a couple of times. There are cops at the front door that ask no questions. You hand then the weapon and they put a zip tie through the action for safety. I carry concealed with my NH non res almost every time I go to PA. I use my FL permit for Delaware. You will be surprised to see all the people who carry and declare at the Oaks Show. CCW is normal and respected in PA!

Safest ive ever been was sitting in a diner in pa a few years back with a group of people. I realized thay i had mine, and so did every other person or so in our group, there were a dozen orbso of us who were wheeling and campin and 6 to 8 guns at our table. I figure if that ratio held true  for the remaining fifty or so patrons of the diner  I would never be in a safer spot  then I was right there.

I have Utah Florida and New Hampshire and I use them any chance I get. Atlho the childrens hospital is a free zone, and thats why im ouy here, if im not at the hosp ive been carying. I'll be out here for like the rest of the year.

14 hours ago, carl_g said:

What's the point of carrying if it's zip tied? 

The way it was explained to me is it don't want anybody taking anything out and having any questions about itd status with the number of people showing Firearms handling firearms Etc while in the show.

31 minutes ago, SuRrEaLNJ said:

The way it was explained to me is it don't want anybody taking anything out and having any questions about itd status with the number of people showing Firearms handling firearms Etc while in the show.

OK I guess that makes sense if you are going to be selling your pistol or something like that but otherwise the gun shouldn't jump out of its holster. I have only been there once in the last couple of years and I carried concealed, no zip-ties.

I think it's funny that people complain and boycott places that don't allow concealed carry but are OK with it at a gun show...

I assume it has to do with the fact that no one thinks a gun show is going to encroach on their rights

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me either but then I remember how stupid the average person is and half of them are dumber than that. I based on my experiences from ranges and gun shops would not put it past someone to be like all man I really want that gun would you consider this for a trade and on holster a loaded firearm and we all know then everyone follows the Commandments. Next thing you know some keyboard Commando draws his Uber 1337 operator tool while snapchating because he's upset that he got flagged and next thing you know we got a really really bad B action movie going on.

Now the real question is i owe my youngest an ak so that each kid will be left one when im gone, whos got what and if you see me running try to keep up or you may have to testufy because that means the wife found out :lol:

I did

8lbs of reloader 7 , 4000 primers,Molded earplugs,Some fgmm,Benchmade and some Dillon primer pickup tubes

That guy with the 348 he's probably the guy with 17 incinerator that was crazy40-50 rds per barrel

Best part of day was salesmen grabbing you and trying to sell some cc gadget and just saying I'm from jersey. One guy didn't say another word to me just started talking to someone else

6 hours ago, Screwball said:

So, shouldn’t feel too bad for not going?

No I meant that is in I happily paid for the five rounds of 348 after one guy tried to rip me off 40 something dollars for an incomplete box of reloads from God knows when. I found the lady with the little hardware store bins of loosey ammo at the Exotic caliber Booth or whatever she was and I bought a couple rounds of 348 from her so that one day my kids can shoot their late great-grandfathers Winchester that my dad took a black bear with.

I got a decent little haul picked up some mags couple other bits, my old man got a benelli o/u 12ga and sold a pistol. I did walk from a dude that got anoyed i was asking about a npap after he found i was from jersey, even while im talking about getting compliance work done while im living in pa, and have a pa adress. Oh well his loss